forum

[Taiko] mode/skin speech/cheer fixes? [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
wohdin
I hesitate to post this because I suspect these issues are entirely theme-related, but oh well. (If they are, and this thread would be better suited in the Skinning section, could a mod please move it there?)

This "request" is probably somewhat pedantic of me, but I feel it would improve greatly on the overall appearance of the mod. As it stands, there are two issues with Don's speech - one being that during play, when Don cheers out your combo ("gojuu combo," "hyaku combo," "nihyaku/sanbyaku/yonbyaku combo" etc), instead of resetting to "gojuu" or "50" if you break combo, Don will instead continue to shout whatever comes next when you hit that 50 mark (ex: if you break at 201, after hearing "nihyaku combo" when you hit 50 again you will hear "sanbyaku combo"). I find it very distracting in a very nitpicky way, I'm sure, but I also find it hard to believe that no one else has noticed it.

The second issue (or "batch" of issues, rather) is with the post-song score screen - in which the audio is obviously just a recording of a regular old score screen from possibly (probably) a console port. Could it be possible to script the audio here based on standard Taiko factors - as in using the standard clear background music (which is a short loop and would be easy to line-out rip) and having other audio clips (i.e., Don's announcements) play over it, such as jiko best/sougou best (My best/Global best) for ranking first locally/globally, as well as the full-combo da don! for FCing a song. The current usage of Norma clear shippai for failing a song is perfect, because fails are unranked, but there would obviously have to be a Norma clear seikou included. Also, despite Osu obviously not having "Don-points", we do have the leveling system, so I figure the don-point shuukei could be used there, but also have it only play when you continue from the first score screen to the ranking overlay. (One could even go further and include such things as the agatta don and sugoku takusan agatta don! ["it went up!"/"it went up a whole lot!"] depending on how much "exp" you gain, though that's probably overkill...)

If these are indeed theme issues - which they seem to be, because it's no different on Osu mode - could they be changed? does the current theming system have support for anything along those lines? Though of course none of this is really gameplay-related, the inner Taiko fanboy in me kind of cringes every time I hear the wrong combo called out (which is a lot, because keyboards suck).

Seiseki happyou! (Score announcement) could also be included, but it seems kind of unnecessary. I figure it would be possible to rip most if not all of these from one of the PSP titles, though I wouldn't know how ;o;
peppy
Topic Starter
wohdin
I did search, just... not in Bug Reports. 'OTL
Derekku
Second thing (if I read it correctly since I'm pretty drowsy right now), you're asking for the audio on the Results screen to be customizable/skinnable. This has been requested already (but I'm too lazy to find the link for it)
peppy
The skin.ini is fixed in the actual skin now, by the way (thanks Luigi).
LuigiHann
Yep, the combo-based stuff is fixed

The results screen stuff will probably never be changed, but I don't know. If somebody has rips of the individual shouts I might be able to do something better with it, but all I have is that one chunk of audio (which imo works fine)
Zekira
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.