forum

[Archived] Use of mouse wheel to scroll through songs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Klazzt
I'm not sure where this topic should go. I apologize if it doesn't belong here.

With the latest release of Osu!, one is no longer able to use the mouse wheel to scroll through songs while the cursor is over the song list. This feature was quite handy, and it was how I traversed my songs. Now, however, when one attempts to scroll up while over the songs, the list jumps back to whatever the currently selected song is. If one were to scroll up or down while the cursor was not over the songs, and then attempt to move back into the song list, again, the song list just scrolls back to the selected song even if the list is just moving slightly.

Not sure if I explained that well enough, but it's annoying to keep going back to whatever song I have selected instead of being able to easily transition from one to another.
anonymous_old
I think one of the song select options causes this. Try toggling them. (They are options on the song select screen itself, not in osu!'s global options.)
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku

strager wrote:

I think one of the song select options causes this. Try toggling them. (They are options on the song select screen itself, not in osu!'s global options.)
Yeah, Absolute Scrolling will scroll by movement instead of scroll wheel.
Topic Starter
Klazzt
I see. Hover Return is what's doing it. Although, it never did that before. What Hover Return did for me before was go back to my select song if I moved the mouse away from the Osu window. Now it does it just whenever I leave and return to the song list.
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old

Klazzt wrote:

I see. Hover Return is what's doing it. Although, it never did that before. What Hover Return did for me before was go back to my select song if I moved the mouse away from the Osu window. Now it does it just whenever I leave and return to the song list.
Okay, so that's the bug?