forum

A few ideas for random things in osu in general. [invalid] [added] [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
These suggestions are only for convience purposes.

1.Story boards should be toggle-able to take them off, some of them cause me lag and it can be really distracting for me..

2. No video option already done, but the backround can sometimes blend in with the fruit in CTB, we should be able to choose a differant color for our backround, since the fruit matches the song sometimes..differant backrounds differant colors.

3. When playing in the lobby of CTB there should be your CTB rankings next to your name and not your osu ranking.. some of us dont really play regular osu very often. and the accuracy..& taiko for taiko lobby

4. There should be a "number of #1 ranked songs( )" Then click on that and it shows you the list.. if player's dont want it then have an option on profile settings to make it not clickable or not even show the number of songs that they have a #1 in. some people have to delete songs off there osu for space for new songs,( i have a slightly old computer)

5. Improve the beatmap map packs.. the way there downloaded. have all the songs into one compressed file, or something like that so you only have to drag 1 file to your osu. i don't like having to drag songs one at a time to my osu, having them to load. takes up time.

6. my #5 suggestion might have some flaws.. but that is only because there is no tutorial on downloading the beatmap map packs! only for songs.. The directions on there, some people just don't get it really, and dont mock them.

7. Im sure you guys are doing something about impossible jumps.. i hope. if not, it's fine.(CTB)

8. The very small fruit that is worth 10 points each, Goes off the screen and you cannot catch it. an Example would be "Capcom Sound Team - Become the Storm (Ryu)" (Normal difficulty). Lower's your accuracy score.. for the people who enjoy getting those S ranks.

Sorry if these ideas have been mentioned already!

Also.. Some of these suggestions for maps are so it wont happen in the future.. there might be to many to report..well at least for the fruit blending in with backround.. i found that common.
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

sk8terpoke wrote:

1.Story boards should be toggle-able to take them off, some of them cause me lag and it can be really distracting for me..
Will NOT happen. Report any storyboards which cause lag.

sk8terpoke wrote:

2. No video option already done, but the backround can sometimes blend in with the fruit in CTB, we should be able to choose a differant color for our backround, since the fruit matches the song sometimes..differant backrounds differant colors.
Again, report problem maps.

sk8terpoke wrote:

3. When playing in the lobby of CTB there should be your CTB rankings next to your name and not your osu ranking.. some of us dont really play regular osu very often. and the accuracy..
Agreed.

sk8terpoke wrote:

4. There should be a "number of #1 ranked songs( )" Then click on that and it shows you the list.. if player's dont want it then have an option on profile settings to make it not clickable or not even show the number of songs that they have a #1 in. some people have to delete songs off there osu for space for new songs,( i have a slightly old computer)
Already been suggested. Search.

sk8terpoke wrote:

5. Improve the beatmap map packs.. the way there downloaded. have all the songs into one compressed file, or something like that so you only have to drag 1 file to your osu.
Probably going to be resolved with the coming of .osz2.

sk8terpoke wrote:

6. my #5 suggestion might have some flaws.. but that is only because there is no tutorial on downloading the beatmap map packs! only for songs.. The directions on there, some people just don't get it really, and dont mock them.
? It's on the pack list itself...

sk8terpoke wrote:

7. Im sure you guys are doing something about impossible jumps.. i hope. if not, it's fine.
In CTB? Dunno how far that went.

sk8terpoke wrote:

8. The very small fruit that is worth 10 points each, Goes off the screen and you cannot catch it. an Example would be "Capcom Sound Team - Become the Storm (Ryu)" (Normal difficulty). Lower's your accuracy score.. for the people who enjoy getting those S ranks.
Report more songs like this.
awp
1 will never be an option. Those who have created storyboards have gone through great pains to create them (storyboards take longer than beatmaps) and if you're going to disable them, you might as well track the mapper down and deliver a backhand to his/her face while you're at it. Regarding performance decrease, unless the storyboard was poorly made (which is possible but should not make it through the ranking phase) you shouldn't be seeing much unless you have extremely limited VRAM or something. peppy could comment on this better than I can.

2 might be nice to have; I don't play CtB so I haven't encountered these problems, but if it's hard to see something a colour channel modification may do it justice

5 might change once osz2 comes around (not sure) but it's really not hard to extract a rar into a directory.

6 is moot; there are instructions on how to extract the beatmap packs. If you can't figure out how to do that you should consult a "Windows for dummies" because this is a very basic Windows operation.

7 (which I trust is regarding CtB) and 8 do have something planned, from what I understand.
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gemi
peppy
No, it sounds like a map that shouldn't be ranked. If they are off-screen in CtB, they are off-screen in osu! too.
CoCoMW
i add something what annoys me ;P

when i'm trying to spectate somebody, and i do not have a map , i gotta open my browser, find a map and download it. I think it should be simplier, Just like in multiplayer mode ;p
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

CoCoMW wrote:

i add something what annoys me ;P

when i'm trying to spectate somebody, and i do not have a map , i gotta open my browser, find a map and download it. I think it should be simplier, Just like in multiplayer mode ;p
This is for subscribers only.
CoCoMW
and how to become one of them ;P
Gemi

CoCoMW wrote:

and how to become one of them ;P
http://osu.ppy.sh/p/subscription
peppy
This scenario could really be improved for non-subscribers, but it is a bit of work and also low priority.