forum

Storyboarding intros?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Behon
Okay, so Don't Stop Me Now introduced storyboarding 2 intros- in other words, clicking Skip once takes you to a later part of the intro, and clicking it again takes you to the start of the beatmap. The thing is, you only seem to be able to enable this if you go into the .osb text file and edit in all of the stuff before the main MP3/OGG file starts. Is this the only way to do this? I'm planning a storyboarded map with an intro I'd like to have 2 skipping points for, but I doubt I have the storyboarding know-how to edit stuff directly from the .osb file.
K2J
In the Design tab, you can scroll before the 0% mark (where the MP3 begins) and beyond the 100% mark (where the MP3 ends). However, you cannot use playback, bookmarks, or jump from keyframe to keyframe in this way. You have to test every time you want to see your changes in playback timing.
awp
If you're going to be doing any serious SBing, though, I'd recommend becoming familiar with storyboarding by scripting. It's actually quite straightforward; the biggest challenge is making sense of the hundreds of csv numbers you'll be faced with.
LuigiHann

Behonkiss wrote:

but I doubt I have the storyboarding know-how to edit stuff directly from the .osb file.
There's a thread for that. Even a person like me, who is "good at storyboarding," still checks that thread pretty frequently to be reminded of the specific codes. peppy has made them fairly user-friendly now, using English keywords instead of abstract numbers. It's really not a skill, it's just a matter of reading the thread and playing around with it until you get the hang of it.

The one major thing that confused me at first was that an image won't be visible unless it has some kind of event, so if you just want an image to sit there and do nothing, you need to set it to fade from opacity 1 to opacity 1, i.e. do nothing, for the duration of that time. Once I wrapped my brain around that it was fairly smooth sailing... and for a lot of things I'd say it's easier to use the coding than the editor.
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
m980
Indeed.