forum

m-flo - Luvotomy

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
chan
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, 9 February 2008 at 3:04:44 PM

Artist: m-flo
Title: Luvotomy
BPM: 137
Filesize: 8272kb
Play Time: 05:41
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.73 stars, 449 notes)
  2. Hard (4.35 stars, 738 notes)
Download: m-flo - Luvotomy
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
5th beatmap - m-flo - Luvotomy
m-flo loves Namie Amuro
Live from their 2007 COSMICOLOR tour in Yokohama Arena.

Easy and hard versions both mapped and ready for ranking!

[Changelog]
08/02/07 17:48- Redone chorus after Verbal's rap.
08/02/08 07:47- Started timing beats for easy version, no spacing/positioning of the beats though (looks random).
08/02/08 17:57- Finished timing all beats, will do spacing/positioning in a few hours time. Hopefully finish this tonight.
08/02/08 22:19- Finished doing easy beat placement (with Peppy distracting me), will do sounds later and touch up placement.
08/02/09 15:05- Finished with swapping sound sets through the song, beat placement looks fine, should be ready for ranking :D

More about this map:
So far, I've been pretty strict in adhering to distance spacing (for hard, ignore easy for now). All beats are distance spaced except for beats which are stacked or if there's a lengthy break. Tried to make use of both sound sets, some of the timing sections are offset by an entire beat to ensure that the soundset is implemented on the correct beat. Mostly soft sounds at the start and normal soundset for most things sung/rapped by Verbal. Verbals rap section before the last couple of choruses is pretty intense, I struggled to make it not too repetitive but also playable. I'm pretty confident that some of the hardcore players will breeze through it, but even so, it's pretty intuitively placed out (in my opinion) so no real dramas for strangers to this song. It is fast though!
Also I added those 4 drum beats at the end partly coz it has some cool timing and also because if I don't add it, the announcement for Namie Amuro is cut from the end. Something like "ladies and gentlemen, ****mie Amuro!". I actually felt bad about that.
There are also 2 spinners in there (leading up to the first chorus) which are quite fast. They are hard to get bonus points on, but I intend only for players to make quick and controlled spins rather than going for wild and flailing arm motions and stacks of bonus points (40 second spinners D: ).

Easy version doesn't have any 1/2 beats with exceptions of sliders, and few stacked notes. Doesn't follow the vocals as strictly as the hard version, and keeps to a pretty simple rhythm.
peppy
nanka iwareteru koto muchakucha CANCEL THAT. CAN'T DO THAT. CANCEL THAT - THAT - THAT
Kharl
No problems here. This one is so great.

*starred*
Echo
What's up with the spacing on Easy?
Topic Starter
chan

Echo49 wrote:

What's up with the spacing on Easy?
Yo, refer to the changelog in the first post of this thread, which I duly updated (I think). I will elaborate a bit more though. I'm just uploading for now since I might forget to bring the latest copy to Peppy's place.

The beats are in random positions just to get the timing done quickly, since my osu! sessions are quite short. Positioning/patterns of the beats comes later for me. This is how I create my beatmaps, but yeah, don't consider it for ranking yet. I'll post when it's ready for being considered. You can check out the hard version however, let me know if there are any issues with hard for the time being.

[Edit]: Finished working easy, ready to be ranked/awaiting feedback.
Rolled
Insanely long beatmap, started boring me eventually. But I see no flaws, so i will approve. Bubbled.
Hitoshirenu Shourai
I see nothing wrong with this. *Ranks*
Topic Starter
chan

Rolled wrote:

Insanely long beatmap, started boring me eventually. But I see no flaws, so i will approve. Bubbled.
Yeah, I'll keep the length shorter in future. I really ought to download audacity.
Saturos
Max score attainble on this is ridiculous. Rofl.

Awesome work, though. My favorite beatmap from you. ;x
Topic Starter
chan
Thanks!
Yeah, I gotta look at cutting down song lengths and note counts, although I'm sure you would've liked the score boost from a single song :P
Halliday

chan wrote:

Rolled wrote:

Yeah, I'll keep the length shorter in future. I really ought to download audacity.
----> Maps ParaparaMAX I

xDD
Starrodkirby86
holy necropost LMAO

you can't go into a thread and see saturos posting anymore :(
o x
A 9 year bump LOL