forum

Possibility of copypasting all data about note in editor [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Matma Rex
Right now, when you Ctrl+C a note/slider/spinner, you get it in format "01:44:10 (1) - ". At the same time, it's internally copied in osu! including all data - time when it appears, position, shape (sliders), length (spinners), and can be pasted in the same/oher song.

But - what if you are modding a song, did bigger changes to particular part, and want to tell mapper what does (s)he have to fix? Right now there are two ways, both not too friendly - either upload whole difficulty and tell mapper to extract wanted part from it, or make a screenshot and attach it to post.

I want osu! to give me *all* data about note (listed above) in a format used by .osu files - for example, "432,192,11144,6,2,B|432:144,4,42.5" - when I press, say, Ctrl+Shift+C. Then I want to copypaste it in forums, tell mapper to Ctrl+C it and the Ctrl+V it into editor - and desired note/slider/spinner should appear in the place it's supposed to, in desired shape, length, and position on timeline (osu! should also "scroll" to pasted note). It should also work for multiple lines of text - multiple hitircles, sliders or spinners.

I will really love you guys if you did it.
Derekku
No. The current format is what's always used and would completely fuck up modding if changed. If you really want to get info like that, then just pull it right from the .osu file in notepad.
Topic Starter
Matma Rex
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku
Uh, since when can you copy things (anywhere) with Ctrl-Shift-C? If osu! can be programmed to make that hotkey combo copy to the clipboard, then uhh sure.
CheeseWarlock
Moderate support; I don't think this sort of thing should be used terribly often (see the "let the mapper think for themselves" arguments that pop up from time to time) but it's still useful. And you could always just call them suggestions.
awp

Derekku Chan wrote:

Uh, since when can you copy things (anywhere) with Ctrl-Shift-C? If osu! can be programmed to make that hotkey combo copy to the clipboard, then uhh sure.
Of course it can. Ctrl+C wasn't exactly a built-in function, either.
Topic Starter
Matma Rex

Derekku Chan wrote:

Uh, since when can you copy things (anywhere) with Ctrl-Shift-C?
Since long time, in some graphics editing programs. It does something in Inkscape, for example (AFAIK it copies style of selected graphic element).
Derekku

awp wrote:

Yeah, but it's like... the global copying hotkey x3

Matma Rex wrote:

Since long time, in some graphics editing programs. It does something in Inkscape, for example (AFAIK it copies style of selected graphic element).
That's a neat thing to know. Well, even if it's possible, I'm still on the line for this (for the same reason that CheeseW said).
anonymous_old

Derekku Chan wrote:

awp wrote:

Hahahaha.

Ha.

Ctrl-C is used "globally" because that's what programs are programmed to use. If you want a program to be successful and not irritating to the user, stick to the environment's 'standards'. In this case, it means using Ctrl-C for a "copy" operation.

CheeseWarlock wrote:

"let the mapper think for themselves"
That's pretty much how I feel about this request.

No support from me.
Derekku

strager wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

awp wrote:

Hahahaha.

Ha.

Ctrl-C is used "globally" because that's what programs are programmed to use. If you want a program to be successful and not irritating to the user, stick to the environment's 'standards'. In this case, it means using Ctrl-C for a "copy" operation
I KNOW now ._.;;;
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.