forum

[invalid] 0% to 100% accuracy

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
minyeob
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Wojjan
I don't feel this is really neccesary. Combine your accuracy with the pie chart/progress bar and you'll get at least a vague idea of whatever you want to know. Also, marathon maps ruin your strategy. I can SS papaparamax up to Nadescio, and my accuracy will be so low, that it will be nearly zero. If I start a marathon map and get sone 100s, My accuracy will, rounded down, still be 0.00%
Zekira
inb4someone suggest toggle
MegaManEXE
Yeah, I'm not really sure I like this one myself

In the Groove does something like this, where your % goes up as the song goes on, but if you're not an amazing player and don't 99+% everything, it can be hard to gauge what kind of % you'll have by the end of the song. And for people who don't like taking in low acc scores, having the acc be finalized at the very end might be too late for some to pause and esc.
Sir Minelli
Let's not complicate things that currently exist and which are working properly.

Try suggesting new and original ideas that might work. (This goes for everyone including myself)
LuigiHann
substantially less useful than the current system
anonymous_old

LuigiHann wrote:

substantially less useful than the current system
^

Currently, accuracy reflects accuracy.

With your system, accuracy reflects score without taking into account combos, slider parts, and spinners.

I think real accuracy is more useful.
Gemi
Someone mentioned In The Groove earlier and yes, ITG does use the suggested system. I don't however think that this system suits osu. In ITG the percentage is used as the score, but in osu we have a separate score system and the accuracy is indeed the accuracy so far, which is much more useful in the case of osu.

In short: Don't change.

One option would however to show it like this: 2.5% / 99%

The first number would be the accuracy accumulated so far, and the second one would be the accuracy of the notes so far. This however is still quite unnecessary and adds a new UI element that is not needed.