Play Time: 03:04
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.32 stars, 175 notes)
  2. Hard (4.37 stars, 307 notes)
  3. Harder (4.62 stars, 317 notes)
Download: KOTOKO - Suppuration -core-
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Hi, this song was an insert song of the anime Kannazuki no Miko, where the part Chikane is owning Souma :D
This has three difficulties.
One is normal mode, which is easy.
Hard mode, which is not hard.
And Harder mode, which is almost the same as Hard. But cooler.

Enjoy.

Thanks!
eirrol
I liked KOTOKO!
Topic Starter
James
Hehe. I'll try to make other KOTOKO maps if I have the time.
chan
Seems pretty good, love the color scheme, looks very fitting.

Some of the sliders seem to finish a bit quickly. For example in [Hard], 01:09:56 and 01:25:56 seems to finish a 1/4 beat too early.
Also in the normal version (which is quite hard!), 01:11:32 finishes a bit early or late (can't tell).

This looks pretty well done, timing is fine and beat spacing from what I can tell looks to be adhered to. You might want to look at toning down normal a star or 2. Starring this for now.
Topic Starter
James
Seems pretty good, love the color scheme, looks very fitting.
Thanks.

Some of the sliders seem to finish a bit quickly. For example in [Hard], 01:09:56 and 01:25:56 seems to finish a 1/4 beat too early.
Fixed.

Also in the normal version (which is quite hard!), 01:11:32 finishes a bit early or late (can't tell).
To be honest, I really don't know when the voice finishes too!!
But I move it by 1/4 beat forward, just to end it at 1/1 beat. But I don't know...

. You might want to look at toning down normal a star or 2.
I don't have an idea how to tone down the normal one. :lol:
Maybe ill change the difficulty to "Harder than Normal" or something.
OR I'll make an easy version instead. 8-)
chan

James wrote:

I don't have an idea how to tone down the normal one.
Just work with the beatmap you have, and start deleting notes and replacing notes with sliders/spinners and adding more breaks. Also you could increase circle size and reduce the slider velocity and the distance for beat snapping accordingly. Also moving notes to be on the beat rather than synced to the vocals can help. Any of the above would be pretty useful, just make your own judgement.
Topic Starter
James
mmkay, I guess ill try that.
The reason I made normal like that so that whenever players finish normal, playing hard would only adjust themselves by not so much, because the beats and rhythms are quite identical.
Anyways, I'll do the suggestion that you have and still leave that normal on as it is, but I'll change the difficulty.

EDIT: Added Normal difficulty as chan suggested. 8-)
chan
Normal looks good. There's a bit of a redundant break in there at 01:55:76 (the arrows flash like halfway through the slider of the previous combo). Also, slider (5) at 02:00:67 could be given a bit more distance from (4) of that combo.
Same with (1) at 02:40:00 and (1) at 02:43:10, but I'm not too fussy with these since they're at the start of a new combo.

For hard, nothing really wrong with that. I thought maybe the stack of notes at 00:59:10 was a bit mis-aligned with the slider and following notes.
Maybe slider at 02:22:89 sounds better if it finishes at 02:23:99?
There are also minor beat spacing inconsistencies, not sure if you want to bother going through them. This happened at 02:43:99, which I compared to an earlier combo which had the same vocal section.

As you mentioned you don't use distance snapping, so maybe this is about where I stop mentioning beat spacing.

Harder version seems fine, I don't think you really need to go over distance snapping for that version, but you could if you really want to be uptight about it.

A star from me again.
Topic Starter
James
There's a bit of a redundant break in there at 01:55:76 (the arrows flash like halfway through the slider of the previous combo)

Break removed.

Also, slider (5) at 02:00:67 could be given a bit more distance from (4) of that combo.
Done.

Same with (1) at 02:40:00 and (1) at 02:43:10, but I'm not too fussy with these since they're at the start of a new combo.
At 02:40:00, I move it by a bit.
At 02:43:10, I did not do anything with it because the whole combo almost covers the whole screen :D

I thought maybe the stack of notes at 00:59:10 was a bit mis-aligned with the slider and following notes.
This was discussed in-game. It is misaligned in edit mode but looks better while playing.
Chan didn't even noticed it while playing! :D

There are also minor beat spacing inconsistencies, not sure if you want to bother going through them. This happened at 02:43:99, which I compared to an earlier combo which had the same vocal section.
I changed the other combo instead, because the spacing in 02:43:99 onwards looks better
chan
Nice work, this is a really good beatmap. There's also a good spread of difficulty, and the small notes in harder really do make a difference! I totally fail because of that ><
And I think the stacked note thing doesn't show in play as misaligned because of the positional offset from stacking, so I'll give you that one :P
Thought-bubbled from me, hope to see this ranked soon.
Topic Starter
James
I don't have any reason to fix the song atm so i'll be bumping this instead.
Its already on page 3 :(
peppy
Change this and its ranked:

Normal:
Remove the break at 30s i think - its so short it just feels wrong.

Hard:
-

Harder:
-

What can I say :).
Topic Starter
James
Removed those two short breaks :P
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
James
Thankies. :D
mosluv
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.