forum

Crazy Voltage - Dance in the nightmare

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
deadbeat
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, 15 June 2010 at 4:12:24 p.m.

Artist: Crazy Voltage
Title: Dance in the Nightmare
Tags: Kytoxid
BPM: 119.97
Filesize: 5550kb
Play Time: 01:45
Difficulties Available:
  1. Kytoxid's Nightmare (4.99 stars, 282 notes)
  2. Nightmare (4.99 stars, 301 notes)
  3. Peacefull Dream (2.33 stars, 63 notes)
  4. Uneasy Dream (3.64 stars, 119 notes)
Download: Crazy Voltage - Dance in the Nightmare
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Decide to map without hitsounds, I REALLY hate doing them and they're not needed for ranking so....If u have a problem with it, Your more than welcome to add your own hitsounds to the map but don't expect me to

the insane has hitsounds since ShaggoN did them. thanks again i guess :P
Azure_Kite
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Download: Crazy Voltage - Dance in the Nightmare (deadbeat) [Azure's Nightmarish Dance].osu
Topic Starter
deadbeat
thx but i gonna try do as much as i can this time otherwise i'll rely too much on people modding my maps and i'll never get anywhere
Topic Starter
deadbeat
And if anyone know a good bg i could use, please tell me. i can't find one
EEeee
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
oh goody..an offset change
EEeee
Sleepdancer
all's good, beginning sounds a bit weird, but just the very beginning(before first spinner), all is good except ur break is slightly off, re-add it

Azure's Nightmarish Dance
00:36:27 (5) - new combo
kk u need to finish this diff, and atm re-snap all notes, and slightly fix break after re-snapping

Dance of the Dead
00:42:26 (7) - move up 3 times, so it looks like the same length as the others leading to this,make sure grid size is at tiny
01:54:26 (6) - New combo this
01:58:26 (6) - ^
02:25:76 (1) - spinner doesn't even reach 1000, kinda illegal
fix all breaks in this diff

kk, ending sounded a bit weird, but it played very well :P, nice going, this map does look way better than when i helped timed it
Topic Starter
deadbeat
sweetness...Not much to mod...Must be doing something right :) :) :) :)
XepherX3
Nothing for me to mod :P :lol: :P

use this BG maybe

star for your dance
Topic Starter
deadbeat
looks better than mine..i just got it cause i kinda needed one and most of the pics i found were crap
Shinxyn
Of course, lacking bg image >.<;;
Don't use max hitsound volume please...

SleepDancer-
Trying to follow the guitar at the start is very awkward and hard, even though you seem to have placed the notes on the right time, I would just suggest you to use only 1/2 on the start (before the first spinner)
01:03:89 (1) - why is this on 1/4? it kinda sounds okay, but it ends up with a weird flow to the map
Meh, easy is... fairly easy, but I don't really like those 1/4 slider in this diff... that's just what I think
Try adding some hitsounds, like a few paced claps every 2nd or few beats, the map is dull without them..

Undead Dance-
Drain is kinda high, overall is kinda high, but that's your choice..
I get what your following... but please try to add hitsounds, leaving the whole thing with nearly no hitsounds make this diff dull after a while, too
Double check the spacing, there are a few parts with the awkward placed notes (not including the parts the notes are meant to be closer)
01:53:51 (2,3,4,5) - snap this to 1/6
Err, I think its too early for you to use 2x bpm like this x_x

Azure
- may not finish eh..? well, just note the beats aren't snapped (probably after you changed BPM or offset)

Dance of the Dead-
umm wow, same "issues" Undead Dance... though the 2x sliders fit for this harder diff

With your design, I say use small grid size instead of Tiny, less room for spacing issues..
The song itself is kinda hard to follow... Work on hitsounds please D:
Topic Starter
deadbeat
mmmmm. Guess there still some stuff that could use improving...thanks
mosluv
SleepDancer:
Add 1 second lead-in time.

Undead Dance:
00:09:26 (1) & 00:11:01 (4) - I see no reason for the BPM changes.
00:26:26 (x) - Add note here?
00:26:51 (x) - ^
00:26:76 (x) - ^
02:11:26 (5) - Speedup from hereon doesn't make much sense. The sliders/hitcircles are not really placed accordingly to the fast parts.

Azure's Nightmarish Dance:
Add a background.

Dance of the Dead:
00:39:51 (6) - Spacing.
02:10:89 (4) - Speedup from hereon doesn't make much sense. The sliders/hitcircles are not really placed accordingly to the fast parts.
02:50:26 (2) - New combo.
02:50:26 (2) to 02:57:01 (3) - This part is not synced with anything. Sounds really bad.

You need to work on hitsounds on all your difficulties and be more creative with the patterns. I'll star when I see it looking better. :D
Topic Starter
deadbeat
OK..i think i done.. Thanks Shinxyn and Nexy
Gens
[Timing]
  1. Offset may be off by 5~10ms. What I got is 10+ to the current offset. Actually, after playing [Undead Dance], I can hear that the BPM is slightly too fast. I am not sure about this change (my ears my ears), so you better get someone else better at timing. Everything starts to get off and confusing at 02:42:51. :(
[SleepDancer]

00:01:26 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - This notes sound awkward. You need to either move them or delete them. I think deleting them would be the best choice.

[Undead Dance]

01:21:76 (5) - Watch out... Reduce it to 1 repeat only.

[Azure's Nightmarish Dance]
  1. You forgot to assign the correct background~ ♪
00:03:27 (11) - New combo. There shouldn't be 15+ combos...

Oh wait, should I really be modding this difficulty? Well, it's good anyways.

[Dance of the Dead]

01:53:26 (1,2,3,4) - Hey, you can't do this! Even for the hardest difficulty! It's just waay too hard to hit 1/8s like that...

~ ~ ~

You're right, this map is waay better than your first one. Great job!
If you're a little unsure about hitsounds, you can ask (me?) for a hitsound mod.
I'll wait until you move to pending AND fix the timing to star it. Sorry~
Topic Starter
deadbeat
Thats fine...I'd rather not have stars if there problems with it....it'll be in pending soon
cyanberryio
BPM: 119.65
Offset: Same

Sorry no star since I have no time to play it... Sorry, I may check later.
CheeseWarlock
I got two sections:

BPM: 119.975
Off: 1,279

BPM: 119.500
Off: 162,312

At around 2:42 where it changes, it does some time signature tricks, so it is confusing and the metronome sounds off at one point, but it's still where it should be.
Kytoxid
Very rough numbers to try, best if you just skipped the end.

Offset: 162,312ms BPM: 119.500
Offset: 166,810ms BPM: 119.300
Offset: 169,808ms BPM: 116.125
Offset: 172,133ms BPM: 120.500
Kytoxid
Note: This is a pretty awesome (but harsh) mod post. Opinions are expressed, take what you want from it. Don't be offended please. :)

[General]

Consider using custom combo colours.

[SleepDancer]

00:15:078 (1) - Move up, it's slightly below the rest.
00:25:028 (1) - I'd add another repeat to this slider.
00:59:091 (4) - Move 1/4 earlier?
01:00:091 (6) - Move 1/4 earlier, extend by 1/4.
01:42:080 (8) - New combo?

Let's be brutal here. I didn't like this map. A large chunk of it was just the song; it's very difficult to map anything that is intuitive, easy, and fun to play. In fact, it's very difficult as a whole to map the song intuitively at any level, which causes frustration.

Another part though, was that the beat placements seemed too formulaic, in a way, while chaotic at other times. (note the 1/4 changes above). The more formulaic approach makes the beatmap very predictable, boring, and square. After the intro, the beatmap essentially becomes a 1/1 stream that sometimes switches to the offbeats, with an occasional (very short and repetitive) slider or spinner (both of which are exactly 4/1 long, and one of them to end the song).

As well, the fact that this needs to be an easy difficulty means that there'll end up being a lot of space. Space management in Easy becomes a big deal because as a rhythm game, you play both for the music and to hear yourself within the music. Thus, if there's a lot of gaps, it sounds very...empty. It feels more detached from the game, and more like iTunes, while you tap your finger on the table to the beat.

I recommend more sliders, and possibly longer sliders. Not too long, but they certainly fill space better, and have potential for creativity.

Break up the streams more, and arrange it in some different pattern than just normal rectangles. Make it seem interesting, at least.

If you run out of ideas, pick a reasonable section and just stick a break into it. Nothing too wrong with that, and you don't bore the player.

[Dance of the Dead]

You have unsnapped notes; snap them.
Preview point not set.

Inconsistent spacing throughout the map: 00:31:028 (3,4,5) as an example.

Also very rectangular.

Spinners are often used inappropriately; I recommend using them only when there is a long sustained note, or a build-up to a moment of intense epicness, or the end of a section (thus leading into a break or the end of the map). For example, 00:04:040 (1) could be replaced with a more skillful mapping of the actual tune.

As well, a kitten dies whenever you stick a note 1/6 after the end of a spinner, especially when the music it corresponds to was totally unpredictable (the sudden drumming at 00:07:040 (1,1))/

As I've said before, this song is very hard to read, and chaotic in nature. A beatmap like this, while it may "work" for a more consistent song, will definitely not work here. This means you should have more sliders. (huh, did I mention that before? XD) As a whole, even with repeats and things, sliders force you onto the beat, while still maintaining that sense of "busy-ness", and you can make sliders go fast too, to stick with the harder difficulty. My first attempt through this was miserable, and marked by tons of 50s and misses because it was simply unreadable, although very little fault should go on the beatmap itself, but how the beatmap was made towards the song it backs up. Once you enter a seciton that is easily predictable, or repetitive, then you can return to this style of note placement, since the player already knows what to expect. For example, this part 00:26:090 (1) was pretty nice, it's consistent, and predictable. But then...00:32:078 (3,4). Ouch. Because of the repetitiveness, you expect these beats to be later, and probably will ignore the spacing anyways. Dang. (and just to spite you, the next 2 combos go back to the original beat pattern)

In general, music won't do one thing and never do it again. (although this song might). So if it does something twice, you can do the same thing twice, to ease the frustration of the player initially trying to read it. Don't repeat the pattern too much though, or it'll get boring.

Consider adding jumps. On a hard map, jumps keep the player's mind sharp, while giving his button-pushing hand a break. The mouse-moving hand should get some challenges too.

The section starting on this note: 00:58:054 (1) is such a nice section for sliders, possibly even with jumps. With a rare opportunity for long, held notes like that, don't waste it on more streams; at least map the beginning half of the section with jumps/sliders as a primary focus.

By around here: 01:14:054 (1), the original pattern starts getting a bit old. With a new section of the song, even if it's very similar to what's been repeated before, try changing it up, repeat a new style for a bit.

I got bored, decided to try something out. Didn't turn out as well as I had wanted it to, but here's a 4-second example of what might be more interesting. (although it's more of a showcase of how my mapping style isn't very good with this kind of stuff)

Sorry for the wall of text, good luck with the map!

Download: Crazy Voltage - Dance in the Nightmare (deadbeat) [Example].osu
show more