forum

[Archived] Windows Vista - osu! reboots the computer

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Castor_Krieg
Hi everyone!

I'm running fully patched Windows Vista, with GeForce 260MX, also latest patch. Don't have any other problems with any other applications, however when I'm playing osu! it will randomly reboot my computer after 10-15 minutes. Did anyone had that before and if so, what's the solution?

Thanks!
Derekku
Are you playing on a laptop or a desktop? Does this happen with any other games? I'm thinking that your computer is overheating which is causing the restart.
anonymous_old
Overheating seems like a likely cause.

Turn the frame limiter on.
Topic Starter
Castor_Krieg
Desktop computer. It doesn't happen with any other games. It's past midnight here, tommorow I will clean the insides and turn on frame limiter. Will let you all know the results. It can be overheating but then again I'm running osu! with Core 2 Quad - doubt it takes that much power.
anonymous_old
Your video card is probably what is overheating.

Overheating has little to do with power.
Mystearica
I agree with strager, though I wasn't able to find a GeForce 260 MX on NVIDIA's site, traditionally their MX line has been passively cooled and were lower-end products. You're probably overheating and need a better cooling solution. I know my PC has rebooted itself a couple times due to GPU overheating, so it's likely your case.
Topic Starter
Castor_Krieg
The graphic card is 260 GTX, sorry for my mistake, was typing in a hurry.

I also agree that it seems cooling is to blame, didn't clean there for 2 months I think. Will do all you suggested tmr morning and let you know how it went. THx a lot for great support!
peppy
You can easily fix the issue by turning on the frame limiter. In the coming public release there is also a new 120fps limiter option you may be interested in.
Topic Starter
Castor_Krieg
Cleaned my computer and turned on frame limiter, no reboots so far. Thanks a lot for great support!