forum

[Archived] Osu Problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
Hey dudes! I've just started playing osu! and it's a very good game BUT! . I have started the game in a weird way , let me explain.I've complete the instalation OK , I've installet NET Framework OK , I've started the game FAIL! what went wrong? '' Osu! has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for bla bla bla '' that went wrong. So I downloaded again , still the same thing , but then I wanted to change something so , I went to my osu! folder , right click the osu! icon and select compatibility , i've selected '' Run this program in compatibility mode for : Windows NT. 4.0.I've tryed to enter the game again and guess what... IT WORKED! yeeey BUT! exactly , there's a BUT.I've downloaded some beatmaps and when I want to change the song , I dont know what to choose until I click them like in the picture what I posted.What in the hell is going wrong?! Plz help :(

Lol ...I can't post even an attachment.
LuigiHann
what?
CheeseWarlock
Have you tried to go far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Zatoichi
I was able to replicate this by falling down a flight of stairs and attempting to play the game.

I don't know the solution to this bug though. Sorry.
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
THIS!

Gens

Honord wrote:

i've selected '' Run this program in compatibility mode for : Windows NT. 4.0.
You're not supposed to do that.
Please try to provide as much detail as you can. (ex. What OS are you running? Vista?)
Mystearica
That just looks like to me that you aren't logged in or are having trouble logging in? (Amongst other things)

Excuse me if I'm wrong.
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
[deleted user]

Mystearica wrote:

That just looks like to me that you aren't logged in or are having trouble logging in? (Amongst other things)

Excuse me if I'm wrong.
I can't get in-game properly , ok so I've installed the game again , I've clicked for the very first time the launcher aand just flashes the game and then it gives me the don't send error , if I will change the compatibility I get in-game but with a big resolution just like in the picture and I can't see
Mystearica
The game will ask you to login automatically when you start it, as you are able to get into the game, why can't you login?

You say that you can't get into the game, but your screenshot was taken in-game so...? I'm not getting something here or you're going to have to tell us more.

What operating system are you using? Hopefully not Windows NT >_>

And you can just edit your posts instead of posting twice for the future.
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Mystearica
So what made it so hard to explain your situation in those couple of lines?

For your information yes I do know where to enable compatibility for Windows NT but FYI again that feature isn't exclusive to Windows XP so I asked you what OS you use, understand?

And even with Windows XP you have 32bit and 64bit versions, Professional and Home editions, you might want to supply that info as well as your Service Pack #.

I haven't heard of anyone running on Windows XP having to enable any sort of Windows compatibility like that to play osu, so I'm pretty sure you won't have to either. Issue is most likely occurring elsewhere.

I'm not really sure what's going on with your case, but on a general basis, check over your drivers and updates, as well try what awp suggested for another user here: viewtopic.php?p=214080#p214080, it seemed to be magical for a few cases I've observed.

Apart from that, wait for a developer's response I suppose. I can't replicate your issue so there's not much else I can do.
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
Thanks for trying to help me..I think I will let it like this , i've updated my video card and still nothing... and whats with '' connection with Bancho failed '' ? it seems that I just can't run this game!
anonymous_old
If the game doesn't work at large resolutions, choose a smaller resolution.

Try running osu! from the osu! updater (osume.exe).

Try different compatibility options. Report which one solves the problem, if any.
Intermezzo
Before we can help you we need some information.
Follow these instructions:

1. Download and install this : http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2a21 ... 653a3044fd
2. Start the newly installed application.
3. Click on 'System Summary' on the left and wait for the information to appear.
4. Click on Print ( don't worry this will not use paper).
5. Now a new screen will appear, now right click -> select all and copy the text to this topic.
Kitsunemimi
This looks like a bug posted before....