forum

FLOW - GO!!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FerreTrip
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, July 10, 2010 at 5:25:59 PM

Artist: FLOW
Title: GO!!!
Source: Naruto
BPM: 134
Filesize: 9933kb
Play Time: 03:45
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard - Fanfic Version editing (4.77 stars, 257 notes)
  2. Hard - Fanfic Version (4.78 stars, 259 notes)
  3. Insane - Extended Version (4.87 stars, 342 notes)
  4. x3ns0r's Go (4.65 stars, 268 notes)
Download: FLOW - GO!!!
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Alright, this is my second beatmap. (It's been a LOOOOOOONG month of waiting for Flag Song to be graveyard'd, but it finally happened. I chose this one because I suspect people will actually look for this song more often due to its popularity.) Again, this is mostly for my fanfiction, [Insert Game Title Here]: Gotta Cheer 'em All! (and yes, that's a crap-ass title), so it's got a "fanfic version". This time, unlike Sweet Escape, the "extended version", while it DOES have more playtime, is more than slightly different--it's Insane and thus switched up a little bit from the Hard mode one. Also, the Extended Version has a background whereas the Fanfic one doesn't, since I'll be storyboarding the fanfic version...someday.

NOTE FOR MODDERS: The Fanfic Version has long breaks FOR A REASON: That's how the song is in my fanfiction, and it's like that in order to make sure there's time for the stuff that happens. The storyboarding will fill in those gaps once I make it. If you have any beef with the Extended Version's break times, then by all means, tell me ^_^ But I won't change the Fanfic Version's break times. I know they're long, and uninteresting right now, but...yeah.

Please have fun with this if possible! I LOVED making the smooth chorus. (Sure, it's easy (the chorus), but it feels so cool! You'll know what I mean when you see it...if you pay attention to your movements.) Please mod and such! I've got Kudosu to give! *waves them coaxingly*

UPDATE 10/3/'09: Applied Blue Dragon's suggestions to Fanfic and Extended (the ones he said for Extended--I didn't transfer the ones from Fanfic to Extended that he didn't mention because I didn't know if he wanted them or not). He gets a Kudosu cookie for his great, specific help. :)

UPDATE 10/4/'09: Added x3ns0r's Go into the pack, since it actually is very good, but, well, his version, thus completely different. I think it should be played, though, if this map gets approved (at least). So I added it. :)

"" : Applied some of konan-yoshi999's suggestions for the Fanfic version (and tinkered a little more, I think), but not x3ns0r's version (because that's his and I dunno if he's editing it or if I should--I should ask).

UPDATE 10/5/'09: x3ns0r's Go update.

UPDATE 10/10/'09: Updated Insane with some of happy30's changes and he earns a tasty kudosu cookie.

UPDATE 10/27/'09: Bumped the notes in the beginning of Hard (and respaced a part) to be on the 1/4 timing ticks. Ignore the "editing" version. That's the one where I'm retiming the rest of the song to be on the 1/4 ticks (except maybe the ends of the "Fighting dreamers" sliders, since that's a wonky rhythm as-is).

UPDATE 11/18/'09: Updated Insane with a few minor changes, including a tentative Naruto color scheme. Why such a pointless update? I want to keep this alive. School is killin' me. X.X

UPDATE 12/5/'09: Just drew up a mockup background to use in this for now. I know, it's unshaded and fugly, but it'll work for now. Until I draw one on paper and then scan it and stuff first...But I just wanna keep this alive until Winter Break, when I can REALLY look at it.

UPDATE 1/2/'10: Yeah, really pushing it for the 4-week thing ^^; Anyway, I worked around with Fanfic a bit, and I added another timing section because at the second played "right here, right now" part was off if I just kept it to the one timing section. However, I still don't know...If any of you good timing people out there see this, I would GREATLY appreciate it if you'd help. Anyway, just, as usual, trying to keep this thing alive.

UPDATE 1/26/'10: Bump.
" ": I finally began storyboarding. In the "Fanfic Editing" version, I added a very basic Passing/Failing scene during gameplay. I plan to just quick sketch the scenes out so you guys can stop complaining about the long breaks which are there FOR the storyboarding. But, GEE, this storyboard editor's tricky...

UPDATE 2/19/'10: Bump.

UPDATE 3/16/'10: Bump. Again.

UPDATE 4/10/'10: Bump third time.
" ": Actually, I found that Insane Extended having the EBA background stuff was stupid, so I got rid of them. Now I just need to put the Naruto background back into it...

UPDATE 5/3/'10: Bump.

UPDATE 5/18/'10: Bump again, since I'm putting my computer in the shop and I dunno how long it'll take.

UPDATE 6/15/'10: BUMP TO THE RESCUE!! *phew!*

UPDATE 7/10/'10: Bump to the 7th degree. Actually, fixed it so that Insane Extended has the right background.
XepherX3
alright well

to make sure i don't get any nightmares

offset > 18.675 snap 1/4th recalculate sliders

after that go over everything make sure they are on white/red ticks

also use distance snap

fill in the breaks..they are too long
Topic Starter
FerreTrip

x3ns0r wrote:

alright well

to make sure i don't get any nightmares

offset > 18.675 snap 1/4th recalculate sliders

after that go over everything make sure they are on white/red ticks

also use distance snap

fill in the breaks..they are too long
Um...That just makes the first part screwed up...^^; Or I need some serious mentoring in the ways of osu! mapping terminology...(Seriously, last time someone tried helping, it screwed it up, too...I must be interpreting wrong...)

Thank you, though ^_^
XepherX3
:lol: :lol:

had a feeling u gonna say that

so here is my diff (50% done) as a pointer

Download: FLOW - GO!!! (FerreTrip) [x3ns0r's Go].osu
Mismagius
Fanfic Version
01:03:00 (5,1) - spacing
01:04:12 (3,4,5) - spacing
01:37:09 (8,9) - spacing
02:05:52 (2,1) - spacing
02:07:08 (3,4) - spacing
02:08:65 (9,10,11,12) - spacing
03:42:06 (1,1) - spacing

Extended Version
00:58:30 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - epic resnap

x3ns0r's Go[even he's not officially in the map]
00:28:46 (2) - end at red tick
00:28:91 (3) - white tick
00:29:14 (4) - red tick
00:30:37 (3) - 1/4 earlier
00:34:73 (3) - ^
00:44:47 (9) - spacing

Looks good for me.
Topic Starter
FerreTrip

Blue Dragon wrote:

Fanfic Version
01:03:00 (5,1) - spacing
01:37:09 (8,9) - spacing
02:05:52 (2,1) - spacing
02:07:08 (3,4) - spacing
02:08:65 (9,10,11,12) - spacing
03:42:06 (1,1) - spacing

Extended Version
00:58:30 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - epic resnap

x3ns0r's Go[even he's not officially in the map]
00:28:46 (2) - end at red tick
00:28:91 (3) - white tick
00:29:14 (4) - red tick
00:30:37 (3) - 1/4 earlier
00:34:73 (3) - ^
00:44:47 (9) - spacing

Looks good for me.
*starry-eyed gasp smile* Thank you very much! This is my first star!! ^_^

I followed your suggestions, and they were pretty good. (I'm sorry, but if you wanted the same changes made to Fanfic made to Extended (in addition to the changed stuff for Extended you said already), I wasn't sure.)

I'll see if I can somehow download x3ns0r's map correctly...I'm not quite getting the right file or something...
Mismagius

FerreTrip wrote:

I'll see if I can somehow download x3ns0r's map correctly...I'm not quite getting the right file or something...
Just put the .osu file into the song folder :P
XepherX3
Topic Starter
FerreTrip

x3ns0r wrote:

100% complete

[attachment=0:baa5d]FLOW - GO!!! (FerreTrip) [x3ns0r's Go].osu[/attachment:baa5d]
Hmmmm...It's a good map, but...um...just because they're all on hashes and such doesn't mean they're in sync with the music in the way they feel natural. Sorry, but this feels like a really, really, really hard Easy map, if you know what I mean.

It's a good map, though, and if you'd like, I can include it in the pack as a separate map.

Thank you VERY VERY much for modding, however. It's just that...well...some songs are gonna not fit on the hashes all the time. But that's what makes music fun, y'know? ~_^
XepherX3
applied some spacing fixes
changed background

background for this diff

Topic Starter
FerreTrip
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
konan-yoshi999
Konan modding :D

[x3ns0r]
00:54:549 - awkward beat...
01:26:903 - sounds a tad late
02:06:752 - sounds odd
02:20:633 - wats with the late?
[Fanfic Version]
01:24:048 - move back to the blue tick, stretch to red.
02:12:855 - move forward to white tick
02:13:358 - snap to white tick, restretch
02:14:142 - snap to blue tick, restretch
02:17:724 - restretch this... -.-
03:25:054 (1,2) - stretch these... (2) move back to blue tick)
03:29:420 - restretch =.=
03:45:651 - well i dont no about this but if u can can u shorten the spinner...

its a good map *stars*
Topic Starter
FerreTrip

konan-yoshi999 wrote:

[x3ns0r]
00:54:549 - awkward beat...
01:26:903 - sounds a tad late
02:06:752 - sounds odd
02:20:633 - wats with the late?
[Fanfic Version]
01:24:048 - move back to the blue tick, stretch to red.
02:12:855 - move forward to white tick
02:13:358 - snap to white tick, restretch
02:14:142 - snap to blue tick, restretch
02:17:724 - restretch this... -.-
03:25:054 (1,2) - stretch these... (2) move back to blue tick)
03:29:420 - restretch =.=
03:45:651 - well i dont no about this but if u can can u shorten the spinner...

its a good map *stars*
I did a few of those restretches and movings, but the spinner is supposed to be pretty long, and it would look a little odd if it ended before that last "GO!" in the song, since I DID write the fanfic/make the fanfic version maps as if they were to be done on the DS games. (Though, of course, I could end it earlier and have a final hit marker for the "GO!"...We'll see...)

THANK YOU!! for the star! ^_^
XepherX3

konan-yoshi999 wrote:

[x3ns0r]
map updated..didn't apply these mod's by Konan cuz they sound all good to me..but i did find other beats that were placed wrong

Topic Starter
FerreTrip

x3ns0r wrote:

konan-yoshi999 wrote:

[x3ns0r]
map updated..didn't apply these mod's by Konan cuz they sound all good to me..but i did find other beats that were placed wrong

[attachment=0:fc9af]FLOW - GO!!! (FerreTrip) [x3ns0r's Go].osu[/attachment:fc9af]
Got it, will update in a sec.
XepherX3
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

happy30
XepherX3

Topic Starter
FerreTrip

happy30 wrote:

offset 18.700
Um...that...erm...thanks for trying to fix the timing a bit, but....it's just a bit too late, meaning the white dashes are late by a bit. Thanks, though, for the rest of the feedback on the Insane version ^_^ (I didn't add the soft hitsounds, though, because I like how it sorta sounds like it's the guitar playing. (For now, 'least.))
happy30

FerreTrip wrote:

happy30 wrote:

offset 18.700
Um...that...erm...thanks for trying to fix the timing a bit, but....it's just a bit too late, meaning the white dashes are late by a bit. Thanks, though, for the rest of the feedback on the Insane version ^_^ (I didn't add the soft hitsounds, though, because I like how it sorta sounds like it's the guitar playing. (For now, 'least.))
actually it's earlier than your current timing...

please make every timing section except the first one green instead of red....
show more