forum

[Archived] Installing an out of date map in the multiplayer lobby

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Azquelt
While playing multiplayer, a map I didn't have was chosen - http://osu.ppy.sh/b/31974

I went to the site and downloaded the map.
I double clicked on the downloaded map.
Osu went to the black screen saing "Importing 7401 - Home Made Kazoku - Shounen Heart (TV Size).osz"
Osu returned to the lobby but still said I didn't have the map and asked me to download it again.

I left the lobby and went to single player mode, it selected the map I had just downloaded and said it needed to be updated.
After I updated the map I rejoined the multiplayer lobby successfully and it acknowledged that I had the correct map.

To try and narrow down the problem:
I deleted the map and downloaded it again.
I joined the same multiplayer lobby (although the game was now in progress)
The song banner now told me that the map needed updating.
Cliicking the song banner updated the beatmap so that it turned green.

Possible diagnosis:
When importing a beatmap in the multiplayer lobby, if it's out of date Osu will ask you to download it rather than update it.
Mystearica
To be honest, I don't think there's much of a bug issue to report here.
Gens
Yeah, this looks more like a Feature request.
It'd be pretty useful if you could update directly from multi...
Gabi

Gens wrote:

you can......

@Azquelt: are you sure you are on the latest build? this was fixed a looooooooooooooong time ago.
Gens

Gabi wrote:

Gens wrote:

you can......
Oh... I need to play more multi, then. Last time I played a multi match, I think you couldn't do it :p (That was builds ago)

Also, I redownloaded that map... It asks for an update here too. The problem is in the .osz, not osu!.

EDIT: If you can update it, then Azquelt maybe hasn't updated. I'm not much of a multi player, so I better stay away from this =X
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.