forum

New channel idea's [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
deadbeat
so far there's 22 channels but are there anymore that anyone would want to try add. Cause i wouldn't mind a anime one. What does everyone else think
adam2046
Why can't you just talk about it in #osu?
Gabi
most people wouldn't want to speak in #osu for a couple of reasons.

personally i would like a #General or #Foreign channel :P
abalee
#forumshit and #random had been canceled :?
how about get #random back? :P
Gens

deadbeat wrote:

Cause i wouldn't mind a anime one.
GOD

I think a few channels still need to be added (CtB and Taiko for example), but a #random would be... a little weird.
Talking in #osu doesn't hurts anyone.

Btw, #forumshit transformed into #mafia.
LuigiHann
should always be #general or possibly #off-topic

#random has a bad connotation
Topic Starter
deadbeat
in my opinion..most people use #osu to talk about all sorts of stuff and gets kinda confusing. making more channels like off topic would spread out the chatter and channels for taiko and ctb would be good as well as since not everyone plays osu!
anonymous_old
#osu is for general chat.

osu! is a game. osu!'s chat feature is meant for communication in the game. Be glad it's there, even.

osu!'s chat is not for you to talk about whatever you want. Go on another IRC network for that.

I'll only support language channels unless I'm really convinced. I think peppy has a similar stance (but I won't speak for him, which I kinda just did...).
LuigiHann

strager wrote:

#osu is for general chat.

osu! is a game. osu!'s chat feature is meant for communication in the game. Be glad it's there, even.

osu!'s chat is not for you to talk about whatever you want. Go on another IRC network for that.

I'll only support language channels unless I'm really convinced. I think peppy has a similar stance (but I won't speak for him, which I kinda just did...).
I think his point is that people already talk about anime and other games and all kinds of stuff in #osu as it is, so adding an off-topic channel or other specialty channels would help to keep #osu clean
awp
that just separates conversations even more. There's no real reason to do this, in my eyes - we separate languages for obvious reasons, but to divide #osu further, into personal interest chats, means that you're either now juggling chat tabs more or you're reading chat less.

Besides, there's hardly any concentration of chatter on any one subject. The only channel that really might be necessary is #adult where us big kids talk about alcohol and stuff, as peppy actually does not want that subject discussed in #osu.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
problem is how do u know people are old enough thou. there only really one way i can think of and its prob too much work for peppy. And besides. just because people don't talk about it in #osu doesn't mean it not talked about else where
anonymous_old

deadbeat wrote:

problem is how do u know people are old enough thou. there wouldn't do a way so there no way there be a #adult sadly. I liked that idea too
What awp proposes is a channel for adult content, not adults.

#mature may work? Wait; most people who would join #adult aren't mature at all. =X
LuigiHann
I think that an adult channel is a terrible idea
Topic Starter
deadbeat
like i said, There is a way but it would be way to much work for a channel so there would be no point. And beside, some of the stuff in #osu gets bad enough sometimes anyway
Gemi

LuigiHann wrote:

This.
Ekaru

LuigiHann wrote:

This.

About the only channel that should be added is a #roleplay1 and #roleplay2. For the RPGs in Random/Forum Games now, and if anyone ever wants to start a D&D session. 2 channels is so to reduce the juggling, since RPGs can be chat-intensive, and look like to be often held on, say, Saturday afternoons and the like.

Or just #roleplay. It would help with FGW (if it continues here) and LS's thingamajig.
adam2046
No.
This is what #mafia is for.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
How about #gameplay
we could use this channel to talk about osu!/ctb/taiko and banchobot could make its announcements there about who got rank 1's, and what map have been ranked and also have it so that ctb and taiko rank ones are mentioned as well
its just an rough idea...but what about that for a channel idea. since people are just gonna keep bitching about making a ctb/taiko chatroom. If we gonna have one. I think #gameplay would be a good idea