forum

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Love Rollercoaster test build

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
XahXhaX
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 03:12:54

Artist: The Red Hot Chili Peppers
Title: Love Rollercoaster
BPM: 116.74
Filesize: 6430kb
Play Time: 02:45
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.58 stars, 172 notes)
Download: The Red Hot Chili Peppers - Love Rollercoaster
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My first attempt at this, hopefully the timing and stuff checks out. It's been plagued by a myriad of problems like file corruption, retiming, etc so I may have missed some things. So I would like to know what anyone thinks.
awp
Are you changing the BPM and/or slider velocity in the timing menu at all?
chan
I'm not sure I understand the problem, but try disabling grid snap (you can hold down shift or toggle it on/off probably via one of the drop down menus). You might also consider changing the grid size, which can be done by pressing ctrl+1/2/3/4 (from memory). Ctrl or shift or alt, one of those.

Also, from the look of your pictures, none of the beats fall on a mark in the timeline, so I don't think you've set up your timing section properly. Press F3 in the editor and correctly set up the BPM and offset for the whole song if you haven't already done so. If your BPM is 60 and offset is 0, consider changing it. If you aren't good/confident at establishing timing, try the BPM analyzer. It's not perfect/really accurate, but it might help.
Topic Starter
XahXhaX
chan
You should make use of the in game submission system! You can upload your beatmap by clicking in the osu! editor File > Upload .osz or something along those lines. This is also a good way to keep updating your beatmap without constantly uploading your .mp3 file. I'm at work now, so I can't check through this for you.

If you resubmit via the in-game submission, I'll check through it for you in about 3.5 hours time. I think that's a pretty decent deal :D Plus you'll have to do it eventually. Remember to upload to the beatmap help section, and it's nice to leave a some information about the beatmap/song/yourself as well.
Topic Starter
XahXhaX
I didn't want to submit anything yet because this is just the first build, I'm sure there are bound to be flaws. Also to avoid confusion with the finished mission once it is completed.
chan
Don't worry, the in game submission will take care of that. Just make sure you submit to the beatmap help section.

There's an "update beatmap" function in the in game submission which will allow you to upload to your latest "build" of your beatmap and erase the old one. So doesn't really matter if it's not finished, but just make a note of it in the post of what kind of help you want (like, "check timing plz, ignore beat placement for now").
chan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Download: The Red Hot Chili Peppers - Love Rollercoaster (xahxhax).osu
James
I kinda moved some of the notes, go take a look. :)

Download: The Red Hot Chili Peppers - Love Rollercoaster (xahxhax).osu
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.