forum

[Archived] fast taps aren't registered...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vivitas
Hey guys. I have a Dell Latitude 2100 N that I recently bought. I saw a few charts for Osu and I decided it would be a good way to utilize the touchscreen that comes on this. So I downloaded Osu and a few beatcharts and started playing. Now I don't want to toot my own horn or anything but I'm a pretty good player on a DS so I know it isn't me... But I opened Osu, and for some reason it wasn't reading my fast taps... I would quickly tap an option or a song and it wouldn't select it, it would just move the mouse over. However, if I hold it down for a half second it'll click, but most songs that I want to play require a lot of fast taps. I've searched the forum and found a similar problem, but the fix wouldn't work for me. OpenGL would not only lag, but when I turned all the options off, it still wasn't registering correctly.

Another note: these fast taps register in Windows and everywhere else, just not in Osu. Thanks in advance.
anonymous_old
Related: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17658

Poster reported changing from DirectX to OpenGL in the options worked. Try that.
Randy96
@strager
I've searched the forum and found a similar problem, but the fix wouldn't work for me. OpenGL would not only lag, but when I turned all the options off, it still wasn't registering correctly.
Unrelated: We call them beatmaps, not charts.
anonymous_old

Randy96 wrote:

@strager
I've searched the forum and found a similar problem, but the fix wouldn't work for me. OpenGL would not only lag, but when I turned all the options off, it still wasn't registering correctly.
Unrelated: We call them beatmaps, not charts.
I have trouble reading large paragraphs. Sorry.
Topic Starter
Vivitas
Oh okay. Sorry, I come from the Scorehero community, so I'm used to saying charts. :P And yes, I've all ready seen that thread and tried that fix... :< Nothing seems to work at the current time.
peppy
I blame tablet PC driver manufacturers for fucking with the standard. Unfortunately I don't have the hardware to test this to the point I can be confident it will work on every device. Have you tried the Force Tablet PC option already?
Topic Starter
Vivitas
I have tried using the Force Tablet Option, but it says it failed initialization...

Also, like I've stated before, it works outside of Osu. I can lightly tap and it will work fine... I'm hoping that there will just be a fix in the next Osu.