forum

Beatmaps - ALL IN ONE DOWNLOAD [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
davidw89
I cant be stuff clicking on every single beatmap and downloading and saving..is there any other ways to go about it? like a RAR file containg 50 packs etc
Saturos
Since I have everything downloaded, I suppose I could have this done when I get some time again. Perhaps I'll start batching stuff weekly/bi-weekly as well...hmm..>>
Topic Starter
davidw89
Awesome! how big is it?
Torrent/Direct download (put up a filefront mirror, megauplaod etc)
Topic Starter
davidw89
oi man upload it to megaupload/filefront in zipped etc and once i get it downloaded i'll do the other mirrors.
Saturos
Currently uploading all ranked beatmaps (as well as a few of the various unranked beatmaps I have) to filefront as I post this. It'll be in two batches sorted by artist name, one folder being A-K, the other L-Z. Both are roughly 900mbs each .rar'd. These all are the video versions of the beatmaps, as I never download the versions without.

Do NOT let osu! unrar these itself, as I didn't test that as I assume it wouldn't work. Instead, extract them directly into your songs folder yourself.

I'll have the first batch done overnight and start the second tomorrow morning, so you should see a thread pop up with the links tomorrow afternoon sometime.

If you want to throw a torrent up or split it further for other mirrors, then go for it and I'll link them in the thread once I finish uploading. Filefront is all I plan to do, though. ;x
chan
Wow dude, that's some crazy stuff.

Although I will most likely not download this in the near future (quota), I think it'd be good if you could post a list of the songs in each rar maybe.
Saturos
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
chan
I mean like just post what songs are contained in each pack. Kinda like a winamp playlist file or something

[Edit]: By the way, the official EBA/Ouendan song list thread contains some torrents for bundled songs, which are all listed. Thought this would be relevent.
Saturos
That's the nice thing about torrents, and then would make sense to post a song list, since you can downloaded selected files if you'd rather, rather than everything. Since I'm just .rar'ing them in two batches, you don't really have that luxury as you have no choice but to download the entire .rar.

The first .rar (A-K) has 132 beatmaps, the second .rar (L-Z) has 131 beatmaps. I can post the song listings still if you'd like, but unless someone splits these more than I do or puts them up on a torrent, I really don't see the point. :D

I will have the song lists posted of the bi-weekly stuff (or weekly, I don't really care which), though. And if I do decide to go back and package our existing stuff in smaller sets, I'll list them for that, too. <3

EDIT: As a side note, Filefront doesn't seem to like me too much. May take me longer to get these posted than I thought.
LuigiHann
One suggestion for future packs/torrents: Instead of breaking them up alphabetically, do it by date, so later packs can be made using the same format.
Saturos

LuigiHann wrote:

One suggestion for future packs/torrents: Instead of breaking them up alphabetically, do it by date, so later packs can be made using the same format.
They will be.

As it is, I'll end up breaking these down now out of guilt once these finish uploading. Just did this quick 'n dirty for now.

Guess I'll go post a poll.
Topic Starter
davidw89
what kind of mirrors do you guys want? reason why i am reluctant to use torrent is that there wont be much people downloading..whereas with file storing site you're guaranteed to get the file at decent speed..
Echo
With file hosting sites, there is always that risk of them taking down the file, which means reuploading a huge file again. I don't know how fast Saturos' upload speed is, but I still think 900MB would take a long time to upload.
awp
Is peppy's server not an option or something? I'm sure it could take the traffic.

My server gets 900GB Bandwidth a month, and as it is I only use ~1-3GB per month, so I can also host the files if you can get 'em to me. Possibly throw together a quick osu.twinkfish.com subdomain for file browsing/collection.
Topic Starter
davidw89
Any updates Saturos?

Yeah you're server would be great :)
Saturos
Didn't have time yesterday, and I'm at work now...I should start finishing up the uploads starting tonight. Should hopefully be all up before I head to bed (2 am-ish).

And I'm aware this is just a temporary thing; I just figure once I get this out there for everyone, it'd be easier to replicate/automate it later on, or offer more mirrors, etc.

The thread is stickied in the Ranked Beatmaps board.