forum

The two kanji vs. Beat/Elite Beat [Added in b96] [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
TiZ
Hey there. I know there's an intro forum, but I'll go ahead and sneak it in here real quick.

I've only known about this program since last night, and I am already officially in love with it. I used to play ClickBeat occasionally, but it had many more downs than ups, and it hasn't been updated in forever, but this program -- Oh man! So much more polished, so much cooler, full of features, and the editor is so inviting that I might just leap in and make some beatmaps myself.

There is nothing on this program that I can say is bad. But there is something that would be a little nice. I know this is a Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! simulator, and this suggestion may somewhat break that spirit, but I was wondering about the possibility of including an option for graphics more inspired by Elite Beat Agents. At first, it was hard to tell the difference between the two kanji, and I'm still having a bit of trouble doing so. But it's much easier to read "Beat" or "Elite Beat".

Oh, okay. This "feature" is more nitpicky than anything, I admit it. I just think it'd be kinda nice, so there's my two cents. :P

I'll support you even if you're in huge, offended/offensive opposition to this idea, because your program is simply amazing, and I will play it extensively for months to come.
peppy
Firstly, thanks for visiting :).

There are a few threads about skinning, and alternative graphics.

I'll state this again, but I am happy to support anything people want in osu! (to a certain extent anyway ;)). While I don't at the moment have time to work on EBA graphics, nor do I feel confident enough to make nice looking ones (I've only played EBA once... for a few minutes ^^;), people like Kylecito have shown interest in making extra skins - and I'm sure if we get some discussion going, others will help out.

I'd love to see 2 or 3 graphical themes built into the game itself, with the possible option for extras to be loaded in.