forum

DS: The Wizard of Orz : beyond the yellow brick road

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
heintsi

Just picked this up to try because it has earned some amount of hype..
If i understood right, it's based on japanese version of wizard of oz?(don't know the name)

Have to say this game surprised me alot, It's so beautiful and maybe has DS's best graphics.
You move your character(Dorothy) with trackball thingy on touch screen, kinda feels like moving mouse in mmo, so pretty easy to use.
Battle/rpg system is bit minimalized tho.. you only choose characters's actions and then press ok to see battle animation.
Any expressions about game who has played this more than me?

trailer here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oughkZQ7CBs
Takuma
Haha, awesome.
WyndII
looks fun =(
Topic Starter
heintsi

WyndII wrote:

looks fun =(
aww why the "=("

Played it a bit longer now and found out its difficulty level is about same as in dragon quests(monsters hit really hard, potions run out too soon) so don't let cute graphics taunt you.. except you wake up in oz's castle after you're dead so i guess you can't fully game over on this game. well i''m ok with that idea cause you can't save in any other place than in castle.
WyndII
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
MegaManEXE
Sousei got his own DS game :o
Wizard Of Orz
oh yea i downloaded this, i'll probably play this
Topic Starter
heintsi

MegaManEXE wrote:

Sousei got his own DS game :o
haha yes typo in topic was intentional *grin*
awp
That IS a pretty-looking game. X-Seed made a game (JRPG) that I really enjoyed, but I forget which one. It just looks a little too standard/childish to me.
Wizard Of Orz
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Vanmonky
I'm playing this. Yes, this game is very fun. But I hate the control part (that's hard).
But yes, I quiet love the graphic. And its battle system is really interesting with the order system.
Recommended this if you love Final Fantasy I guess. 8/9.