forum

They Might Be Giants - Destination Moon

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mr. Yes
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, February 16, 2008 at 8:14:38 AM

Artist: They Might Be Giants
Title: Destination Moon
BPM: 64.1
Filesize: 3423kb
Play Time: 02:05
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.45 stars, 177 notes)
Download: They Might Be Giants - Destination Moon
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
First beatmap of mine. Enjoy(?)
Tapdancingmetroid
This is actually quite impressive for a first beatmap! :D
but there are still some things that need to be fixed.

First of all, usually, I would recommend setting the bpm to twice the speed you have it at right now, but for this beatmap, it isn't necessarily important, though you should probably bump up the bpm to 64.10.

Most of the beat spacing is pretty accurate, though some needs fixing, such as the 1st 4 notes in the combo at 00:23:80 (and all combos like it), which shouldn't have that gap in the middle. Same thing goes for the combo directly after that one (and all combos like it (again)), as the 4 is a bit too far away from the other notes

for now, though, you get a star! :)
Topic Starter
Mr. Yes
Thanks!

I changed the beat placement like you said, as well as that small change to the bpm. Is there anything else?
Tapdancingmetroid
Well, yes. :(
You should insert a break in the long gap at 1:08, and the 2nd note at 2:04 should be farther away.
Topic Starter
Mr. Yes
Ok, thanks. I got that done.
Tapdancingmetroid
Ok, now the only problem I see is that some of the combos are a bit long. (try making them 10 or less, and you could probably split the beatmap's second combo into 2 combos) Fix that and the beatmap should be ready for ranking. :)
Topic Starter
Mr. Yes
I actually didn't notice how long those combos were :P, but it's fixed now. Thanks for all the help.
Tapdancingmetroid
Everything seems to be in order, so I'm going to thoughtbubble this.
Yay. :)
now we just need to wait for another mod to do the same.
EiJi
Everything looks good. Except that the beat are not snapped correctly. Resnap.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.