forum

Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xgor
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on den 24 oktober 2009 at 19:55:48

Artist: Depeche Mode
Title: Enjoy The Silence
Tags: Violator Depeche Mode Synthpop Alternative Dance Donkey Konga 2
BPM: 112,79
Filesize: 5022kb
Play Time: 03:02
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0,66 stars, 81 notes)
  2. Hard (4,02 stars, 237 notes)
  3. Normal (1,65 stars, 126 notes)
Download: Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Please redownload the map if you downloaded it before 22 October!
Felt that i shouldn't just map instrumental video games so i mapped this great song ^,^
This is Depeche Mode's most famous song "Enjoy The Silence" and it's great :D
It's slow and it has lyrics so i don't kow how great this map will be...... w/e
I also aims for the Easy Series for a reason :)

Edit's

1.Added better BG and a very WIP SB and some fixes
2.More of the SB and more fixes
3.Hard done :D
4.The lyrics SB is done :)
5.Added some flashes and moved to pendling (my other SB ideas was crap!)
6.Added custom colurs
anonymous_old
Comments and suggestions, not not not not orders

easy
SPOILER

Generally too easy. I'm pretty sure that even the most beginner of players will be unamused with the difficulty of this map.

normal
SPOILER

1/2 Beats, it's 1/1 in the editor, which is just obese.

Seems promising. hope you finish this.
Lokamp
This reminds me Donkey Konga sooo much... Ah, memories! :3

Easy
02:25:50 (2,2,2,2) - try to clap the end of these sliders...
02:43:86 (3) - start this slider with a whistle and end it with a finish

Normal
00:25:81 (1,2,1,2) - flip horizontally these sliders to make the passage more original ^^
00:28:74 (2) - whistle-finish this slider's end
00:37:25 (2) - ^
02:45:45 (2) - whistle here

Another calm and REALLY intuitive beatmap for you: great!
I'm waiting for an harder mode... :3
RandomJibberish
I don't see many problems with the map itself, other than that it's reaaaaallly easy, but you are making a hard so that isn't a problem.

You said not to complain about the crappy BG, but I couldn't help but improve the quality for you XD

Seems perfect otherwise. Star'd~
Andrea
[Easy]

00:57:46 (3) - Remove the finish on the return.
01:40:55 (1) - Place kiai time on this note?
02:48:64 - Remove this break.
02:50:77 (1) - Like 01:40:55

[Normal]

00:43:10 (2) - Clap on slider start.
00:45:23 (4) - ^
01:44:28 (1) - Whistle on slider start.
01:46:40 (3) - ^

Star. Really nice relaxing map!
Alice
Easy
00:25:81 (1) - every of those sliders sounds weird to me.. I dunno try to find cool hitsounds for them? They feel a bit.. Unwanted..
00:29:80 (1) - same here. There's like a noisy thing in the song instrumental at those moments, needs an hitsound. I'd like finish but if you want something more calm maybe find a cool custom one?
02:26:83 (1) - it's 1 grid up, I think.

Normal
00:44:70 (3) - finish? :/
00:50:55 (2) - ^ you started like this and it sounds good so through the whole song it would be cool I guess
01:26:19 (3) - 2 grids right
02:15:80 (random) - after this part comes many jump. I guess this is ok because today every BATs don't care about normal, now we can find normal with jump, with streams, all this (overacting? not at all x) ). But personally I hate jumps in normal diff. Seriously too confusing.
02:53:95 (3) - 1 grid down looks more natural.

Overall: I think this is a pretty cool start for a map. Hope for a cool hard diff fastly.

Star :3
Ekaru
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Azure_Kite
Here's my mod

Blue = Suggestion Red = Check this

[Easy]
yes I know the song title, but I feel the hitsound volume sounds right at 80% across the board. The quieter sections really let it down, I think, so mybe you could increase those parts a little?
02:29:76 (2) - I'd make this the other way around

No problems found :)

[Normal]
No problems found :)

Such a slow song; nice change of pace.
I like what you've done with the storyboard so far, you should consider making the rose pulse (if that's the word) with the beat in the chorus part. Anyways, great map, Starred :D
jericho2442
modding go

[Easy]
easy should be easy, so i think its great that you made it how you did :)
nice map only problems i found was a lot of lining up probs

00:40:44 (3) - move on click up so it lines up with 2
00:52:14 (2) - one click right so it lines up with 1
(suggestion) 01:25:39 (3) - new combo
(suggestion) 01:33:90 (3) - new combo
01:43:74 (4) - line this up with 3
02:16:19 (1) - move this one click left so to lines up with 2
02:41:73 (1) - move one click right so it lines up with 2
02:53:96 (4) - line this up with 3

[Normal]

again very nice but a few lining up problems

insted of posting them all up again i'll just ask you to skim through your map and check and fix any problems in your combo, because with them it makes it a lil ugly,

use 00:44:70 (3,4) - to see what i mean ;)

Nice storyboard
Not modding because this is a wip >:(
jericho2442
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Matma Rex
Awesome song, awesome map.

[Overall]
- SB fits the music in great way. Just one things: "Felings are intense" at 01:28:039 moves way faster than the rest of lyrics - is it intended? IMHO it'll be better to make it slower, to keep it consistent.
- First break is kinda long, but I dont think this part is mappable, so I'll live with it :)

[Easy]
01:47:98 (4) - put a slider here like 01:43:73 (4)?
02:58:20 (4) - ^
02:48:631 - remove the break.

[Normal]
I dislike jumps from 02:16:182 till 02:32:673, but thats just personal opinion.

[Hard]
Perfect.

Starred with no doubt.
Revengexsoyah
Starred nice map XGOR

:D
nooodl_old
You're going to hate to do this, but the vocals go in triplets sometimes (the first two lines are an example) so you have to use 1/3 on Normal and Hard. That means you have to resnap some stuff. Hope you're good at this rhythm kinda thing-- if not, feel free to ask me to do some of it, having taken music classes (lol nerrrd)

Anyways:

Easy

01:31:76 (1,1) - Back to white ticks before them
01:52:77 (1) - This one might be just a little too long for this diff?
02:31:87 (2) - This slider is different than the previous ones in this part - that's good! Add more variations to the sliders before this one.
02:33:20 (1,2) - You should either make these both start one white tick before the vocals or right on them, but not have them differ

Normal

Fix some AIMod spacing issues.
00:57:45 (3) - Use a shorter, returning slider

Hard

00:56:12 (2) - to blue tick before (3)
01:27:77 (2) - I don't like this slider, have the middle point be somewhere in the middle of it

This map is really awesome though. You nailed the difficulties you made. ★
Topic Starter
Xgor

nooodl wrote:

You're going to hate to do this, but the vocals go in triplets sometimes (the first two lines are an example) so you have to use 1/3 on Normal and Hard. That means you have to resnap some stuff. Hope you're good at this rhythm kinda thing-- if not, feel free to ask me to do some of it, having taken music classes (lol nerrrd)
Good thing you pointed that out becuse that was pretty hard to spot :P
I think i fixed everything now but i maybe be more.....

Anyways:

Easy

01:31:76 (1,1) - Back to white ticks before themWhy should i do that if i don't do 01:23:25 (1,1) >,>
01:52:77 (1) - This one might be just a little too long for this diff?nah
02:31:87 (2) - This slider is different than the previous ones in this part - that's good! Add more variations to the sliders before this one.Fineeeeee.....
02:33:20 (1,2) - You should either make these both start one white tick before the vocals or right on them, but not have them differOk..... but it's kinda odd that you didn't wanted me to change 00:42:55 (1,2)....

Normal

Fix some AIMod spacing issues.No, I have made the jumps easier so it's not that bad
00:57:45 (3) - Use a shorter, returning sliderK

Hard

00:56:12 (2) - to blue tick before (3)uhh..what...errr....no....why...
01:27:77 (2) - I don't like this slider, have the middle point be somewhere in the middle of itOk ,done

This map is really awesome though. You nailed the difficulties you made. ★
Also

Matma Rex wrote:

[Overall]
- SB fits the music in great way. Just one things: "Felings are intense" at 01:28:039 moves way faster than the rest of lyrics - is it intended? IMHO it'll be better to make it slower, to keep it consistent.It's intended... The song gets a bit more upbeat so i though that it fit with faster text but if it's too annoying i change it!
- First break is kinda long, but I dont think this part is mappable, so I'll live with it :)The part after the second break IS the same as that part but it isn't very interesting to map

Azure_Kyte wrote:

[Easy]
yes I know the song title, but I feel the hitsound volume sounds right at 80% across the board. The quieter sections really let it down, I think, so mybe you could increase those parts a little?Nah i kinda like it this way (also why did you spoil the fun that i could have referring the song title D: )

I like what you've done with the storyboard so far, you should consider making the rose pulse (if that's the word) with the beat in the chorus part.I tried what you said but unfortunately it wasn't so good :|

RandomJibberish wrote:

You said not to complain about the crappy BG, but I couldn't help but improve the quality for you XD The thing is that i planned to make a moving BG and i used the other one as a placeholder but my other idea was meh so thanks for the other BG!
Luneko
Topic Starter
Xgor
I think they are fine :D (also i didn't find those things useful at all.....)
Luneko
kk np :/
im kinda new to modding so to be too hard to me xDD
Vanmonky
You're really creative! I love your SB, so much.

But I've a little suggestion..
The [Easy] diff are too easy (really). Try to make 1/2 or 1/3 hitcircle stack.
And also, increase the volume of the hitsound. At least make it on level 3.

STARRED!!!! :lol:
fartownik
The song title isn't needed in tags.
I will be nazi a bit, but it's only cause of this beatmap is mapped really good.

[Easy]
02:24:693 (1) - 1 grid up (level 3)
02:28:94 (1,2) - 1 grid down (level 3)
This difficulty is boring a bit, but huh, it's 0,46 starred [Easy], didn't expected anything crazy ;p

[Normal]
00:41:49 (4) - To make it more similar with 00:39:36 (2), move the end of the slider 3 grid down (level 2)
01:31:49 (1,2) - 1 grid up (level 3)
(2) - To make it more similar with 01:36:28 (2), move the end of the slider 3 grid down (level 2)
01:41:07 (3) - 1 grid down (level 3)
02:51:29 (3) - ^

[Hard]
00:39:09 (2,3) - Spacing.
I've found almost nothing here... Only little spacing issues which are not a problem. Really good.

~All you've needed is here: a star.
show more