forum

Koji Kondo - Lost Woods

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
blissfulyoshi
Wow this map is hard

You should probably change the source to Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Escape The Woods: Fine and fun. Here are a few suggestions
Combo mod:
00:02:87 (4) - new combo for spacing and to be consistent with 00:16:58 (1)?
00:09:72 (4) - new combo?

Nice map. Star.
Nharox
Jumpy. No problems, it's good & short. :P
James2250
*star* :)
blissfulyoshi
Lost In The Woods: fine, just two suggestion
00:20:01 (4) - add a new combo here for consistency
And if you have space, please add a spinner to break ties.

Here is my attempt at easy:

Download: Koji Kondo - Lost Woods (Sir Minelli) [Entering The Woods].osu
Beuchi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Download: Koji Kondo - Lost Woods (Sir Minelli) [Walking In The Woods].osu
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
Starrodkirby86
<3

[Escape the Woods]:
Perhaps you should increase overall difficulty or something to make it seem a bit different from [Lost in the Woods].

Change Source from "Video Game" to "Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time" ? (Or Zelda: Ocarina of Time, doesn't matter)

Add Nintendo in Tags?
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

<3

[Escape the Woods]:
Perhaps you should increase overall difficulty or something to make it seem a bit different from [Lost in the Woods].
Nah, it would seem too difficult because of jumps, I tried before. The drain rate though is higher, so that should do it.

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Change Source from "Video Game" to "Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time" ? (Or Zelda: Ocarina of Time, doesn't matter)
Add Nintendo in Tags?
Added "Nintendo" in Tags. Zelda is still a video game, so source will remain.

Thank you.
Starrodkirby86

Sir Minelli wrote:

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Add Nintendo in Tags?
Added "Nintendo" in Tags. Zelda is still a video game, so source will remain.

Thank you.
I do see what you mean with keeping Video Game as a source. Why yes, those are reasons are quite valid. But usually the better sources are more specific, as "Video Game" is quite general (Heck, it's even an osu! genre~). For example, for...Don't Say Lazy, let's say, I wouldn't put the Source as "Anime" if I can easily find that the more specific Source would be "K-ON!". I guess you can say the same rules apply here.

I hope I don't bring some cold attitude towards your stance in the source, but I'm saying my reasons to why I suggested it so. ;)

<3 you.
0_o
Gotta say, I don't get the slidersound.. just sounds weird to me.

General
You are spamming new combos quite a bit..
Also I agree with Kirby about the source thing, video game is a genre not a source (just look at any other video game map)

Enter
00:21:29 (3) - The end of this sounds bad, especially with the oddly loud slidertrack. I would kill the silence and extend this 1/2
00:29:44 (1) - Shorten by 1/1 = whistle?
00:32:44 (1) - Clap instead?

Walk
Raise the overall difficulty a notch, it's actually harder to play the way it is now

Lost
Same with Walk, though it's not as bad here.

Escape
I will also agree with Kirby here that the overall difficulty is wayyy too low. I think would play much better raising it at least 2 ticks
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
Faceman, the slider sounds sometimes goes on and sometimes I don't even hear it. Right now there is no annoying sound.

Thinking of applying an sliderslide.wav

Geesh.. You guys are pushy aren't you?... But I guess I see your point. Changing Source to "Zelda Ocarina Of Time"

Increased Overall Difficulty for "Walk In The Woods", "Lost In The Woods" and "Escape The Woods"

Note: "Escape The Woods" gives a little bit more score when compared to "Lost In The Woods" (which is easier)

I'll just leave it as it is. Let "Escape The Woods" Be more of a challenge. Both difficulties are mapped according their styles, so there is nothing I can do about it.

0_o wrote:

00:29:44 (1) - Shorten by 1/1 = whistle? No.
00:32:44 (1) - Clap instead? Finish.
Thank you guys.
Krisom
OMG SHORTEST MOD EVUR (not like if I have modded a lot...)

Everything seems fine to me, I'd just make that custom yellow color look more like dry grass.

Star!
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli

Krisom wrote:

OMG SHORTEST MOD EVUR (not like if I have modded a lot...)

Everything seems fine to me, I'd just make that custom yellow color look more like dry grass.

Star!
Well I have a brown one already so nah. But thanks for the mod anyway.
Starrodkirby86
ztrot
Ranked
RemmyX25
Why is this marked as English? Changing to Instrumental
vivedu07