forum

Melodic metal FTW

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
detonator300
Hi there. As you can see, I'm detonator300. I started playing osu! after my little brother found it and have played for a while now. All the music I play is pretty much metal, anime theme songs and video game music, but other stuff also if it sounds cool or has a nice beatmap, so you don't have to be afraid to make suggestions if we ever end up in the same multiplayer match. Well, I hope I get some welcomes from you guys, thanks in advance!
Eddycted
Welcome to Osu! \m/
CheeseWarlock
Sadly there's not much metal on osu!; not enough demand for it. But you should be covered in terms of anime themes. :P
Wojjan
DL awp. And delete this thread or Pokebis will kill you.
Diokatsu
metal is tight, what are your fav bands?
Topic Starter
detonator300
I know I already said thanks but thanks again, everyone! :)

CheeseWarlock: Indeed, there should be more metal beatmaps made...

Diokatsu: My faves include Finnish bands, such as Nightwish and Sonata Arctica, and others are mostly some Japanese bands that have an anime theme, like L'Arc~en~Ciel, Maximum the Hormone, Nightmare (the later one), Asian Kung-Fu Generation... there's some. I listen to other bands as well, but not as much.
awp
Blind Stare is the best Finnish metal band that I've ever heard, though the best melodic death metal does tend to come from Finland, so no surprise.
lukewarmholiday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
it counts as whatever style/genre it is

probably power metal. I'm not familiar with it, I'm just guessing it's power/prog metal
Diokatsu
As I Lay Dying, Cannibal Corpse, Opeth, and Dream Theater are some of my favorites. J-Rock/Metal can be a bitless hardcore than some of the Scandinavians and Americans.
heintsi
Opeth. word. i love listening their one of the calmer albums, damnation.. so beautiful.
Mikael Åkerfeldt is such talent, being able to sing death vocals and have so clean voice at same time.
Hope ends ,windowpane,reverie/harlequin forest are my favorite songs by opeth.
Speaking of progressive metal, agalloch, dream theater, Riverside, protest the hero and Circus Maximus are also bands that are worth trying.

Some good finnish metal bands that i've listened: Amoral(newest album is lol, our Idol winner joined it after its current solist broke up with band,so i only recommend first 3 albums)Kalmah, Eternal tears of sorrow, Ensiferum(folk metal), Moonsorrow(death/folk metal),Mors principium est, Noumena, Stam1na(might not be everyone's thing since they sing in finnish, very strapping young lad-like), Wintersun(melodic metal/folk/black)

There.
Edit: blah, too lazy to add youtube links to all bands :p
awp
EToS were one of the few bands that got me into metal. Stam1na sounds interesting, as I happen to love The Dev. Even the lighter stuff by him was good.
heintsi
Viisi laukausta päähän (5 shots to the head)

Väkivaltakunta(Kingdom of violence)

Kadonneet kolme sanaa(Lost Three Words)

Three better songs of stam1na.

Btw, the 1 on their name is there only just because if they named their band only stamina, it would be hard to find from
internet.

To awp: i didn't even have idea that blind stare was finnish :p
awp
I found Blind Stare because they were Finnish lol.

I literally went on a "Finnish Melodic Death Metal downloading spree".

edit, listened to stam1na, and like it