forum

Deadmau5 - Ghosts 'n' Stuff

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aberdeen_old
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, October 30, 2009 at 6:28:23 PM

Artist: Deadmau5
Title: Ghosts 'n' Stuff
BPM: 128
Filesize: 2427kb
Play Time: 01:45
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.72 stars, 125 notes)
  2. Normal (1.24 stars, 74 notes)
Download: Deadmau5 - Ghosts 'n' Stuff
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I scrapped that Amazing Race beatmap. Not catchy enough, but now I have this! I had a great moment where I figured it's all about pattern. That's what makes a map good. Anyways, any constructive critcizm would be incredible.

Thank you, Aberdeen
blissfulyoshi
BPM: fine
Offest: -24

Easy:
SPOILER
Try to avoid quarter note snaps on easy, especially if it does not follow the music well.
00:15:00 (1) - shorten a quarter note or extend 3/4 notes
00:18:63 (2) - start a quarter note earlier and end where it currently is
00:22:50 (3) - shorten a half note
00:26:25 (4) - shorten a quarter note
00:32:81 (3) - spacing

Most of your map plays like a metronome (most of your beats are exactly 1 whole note apart). This can get incredibly boring. Also it does not help that point of your notes are arranged in straight lines (well at the end of the map primarily) which just make the map more stale than it should be.

Also near the end of your map, you start having random combo lengths. At the end you went from combos of length 8 to 4 to 10+. I advise you have the combos follow something and keep them consistent.

00:59:53 (1) - also long sliders like this are quite boring.

Hopefully my advice helped, feel free to pm me to look at the diff after you made the changes.
EEeee
00:15:00 (1) - make this end 1/4 back, which is on the white tick
00:18:63 (2) - make this end the same place, but start 1/4 forward, on white tick
00:26:25 (4) - end 1/4 back
00:32:81 (3) - new combo on this, this is kinda a jump

kk that is all, first of all, u need another diff, second, go to timing setup and set the volume to soft, right now it's at nothing, so the sliders make a tearing noise in ur mp3

GL in mapping this
Topic Starter
Aberdeen_old
Edited and uploading. Making a new difficulty now. And thank you for the star. :)
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.