forum

osu! Public Release b1077

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
Only a week after last release, but nevertheless a lot to offer! The main new feature to note is of course the ranking screen, which is now much improved asthetically, but also introduces support for the upcoming introduction of mutliple ranking charts. There is currently only one chart, which is the monthly chart for October (containing all maps ranked in September). You can think of these charts as fully independent ranking systems with start and end dates, and a restriction of which maps/modes are counted towards them.

Feedback welcome, as always.

Gameplay:
(+) New ranking info screen! Support for the upcoming "ranking chart" system.

Editor:
(+) [peppy] Improved editor "Open.." dialog to order maps better.

Misc:
(*) [peppy] osu!direct response area supports widescreen.
(*) [peppy] Many bug fixes.

Full Changelog:
(+) [peppy] Improved editor Open.. dialog to order maps better.
(+) [peppy] First release of new ranking dialog.
(*) [peppy] osu!direct response area supports widescreen.
(*) [peppy] Stacking fixes maybe?
(*) [peppy] Further slider behavioural changes.
(*) [peppy] Fixed windows cursor appearing in fullscreen CtB/Taiko gameplay.
(*) [peppy] Fixed slider repeats not being placeable.
(*) [peppy] Fixed issue #40 (Resize cursor does not change back to pointer in edit).
(*) [peppy] Fixed issue #39 (Updating custom offset to match new online offset).
(*) [peppy] Fixed issue #37 (Unable to select already-hit notes in Editor).
(*) [peppy] Fixed issue #35 (HP bad on 2x on Auto).
(*) [peppy] Fixed issue #34 (Right-click menus show default skin).
(*) [peppy] Fixed error report submission when "Restart osu!" is selected from the options.
(*) [peppy] Fixed 'esc' key not working at login dialog when not yet logged-in.
(*) [peppy] Changed maximum non-forced no-break length to 5 seconds.
(!) [peppy] Possibly score/replay-breaking slider change. Please test thoroughly and report any problems asap.
anonymous_old
first

Pretty minor changes, but it shows how osu! is always-changing.
Topic Starter
peppy
Seriously - did you even read the change list before making an assumption like that? This is one of the most major changes for osu! in a long time...
anonymous_old

peppy wrote:

Seriously - did you even read the change list before making an assumption like that? This is one of the most major changes for osu! in a long time...
I read it, and i updated.... now.
Ph0X
Looks great.
I'd rather make my couple little suggestions here instead of making a new thread, if you don't mind.

First, If it's slightly higher, I'm guessing it's for the graphs to come in, because right now it's not vertically aligned.
The last box says how much the next rank had, but nowhere in that menu it showed the score I actually had.
I have to press OK to see my own score, and then I can't come back to this menu. Also, maybe go to his profile when you click on that box? And maybe to my profile when I press on my own box on top.

I'm being kinda annoying but top right checkboxes need to vertical adjusting too :x

Other than that, amazing minimal look, and as a minimalist, I just jizzed in my pants!
Topic Starter
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
FurukawaPan
Excellent work. The new features are pretty neat.

I can only suggest it would be nice to see some sort of in-game indication on the map selection screen to indicate that the currently selected map counts toward this months rank chart. I am currently cross-referencing against the list on the website chart to find out which maps I need to play to come out on top 8-)
Ekaru
Charts = win. Seriously. Thank you for this update; this is awesome.

EDIT: Is it possible to have a Chart ranking table for each map? I know I'm a certain rank on map X, due to the results screen, but I want to know the score of who beat me and such.
Daru
Agreed, this is fairly major. :P Excellent job on the interface and the ranking charts, too.

A question, though: Are the rankings for October going to be permanent, or are you going to wipe them periodically?
It seems like a test of the new system to me, which is why I thought there might be a wipe.

Also, the yellow background color that sometimes appears on the in-game chart makes the white numbers quite hard to read. Other than this nitpick, I love it.
alcoatjez
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
ichikam
rust45
I love the new ranking screen. And I agree with monthly rankings, but I don't like how it only includes songs ranked in the last month. Usually I'll only download songs that I like or I modded, meaning most of those songs I don't have, I think the monthly ranking would work better just as ranked score earned in that month.
Topic Starter
peppy

rust45 wrote:

I love the new ranking screen. And I agree with monthly rankings, but I don't like how it only includes songs ranked in the last month. Usually I'll only download songs that I like or I modded, meaning most of those songs I don't have, I think the monthly ranking would work better just as ranked score earned in that month.
This is totally against the idea of putting everyone on a fair playfield to compete with a set number of maps. The current selection is likely too large, so we are looking at making "best of the month" charts instead to allow more head-to-head competition.
ShaggoN
Ekaru
Oh wow, now you can see the map rank you got, even if you didn't beat your previous score. Awesome!