forum

Sounds in storyboard

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ShaggoN
I thought it would be nice to have possibility to place sounds in storyboard.
For examle little beep before speed up. Or rhythm samples, when it's wrong to use them with notes.
0_o
You can already do this via scripting

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1869
eee
do you mean a sound to play when you want it to by means of storyboarding? like scripting?
this already can be done, it's in the scripting thread, under "Sound Effects" and can be done quite easily.
either this, or I'm missing something

eeedit: ninja'd
anonymous_old
Maybe editor support?
Topic Starter
ShaggoN
I know about scripting. But not everyone know how to make scripts, and it's unconvenient. It would be nice to have that option in editor.
Gabi

strager wrote:

Maybe editor support?
that would be sweet
peppy
Eventually. For the time being script it. It's not rocket science - if you can write forum bbcode you can script sound effects.
awp
ffffff but SFX scripting is so mind-numbingly easy you just need to specify a layer and a time you don't need to worry about frames or overlap or position or anything @_@

btw under File there's an option to Open Song Folder as well as Open .osu so it's not that inconvenient.

Although hey peppy if there was an "Open .osb file" button, or better yet, a built-in .osb editor that pointed out syntax errors and offered colour and formatting and such @_@ oh, I can dream
Sleep Powder
I remember requesting this once I think...
Kodora
boom

Support this.
[Dellirium]
[[Storyboard Audio]]

</thread>
Kodora

ShaggoN wrote:

I know about scripting. But not everyone know how to make scripts, and it's unconvenient. It would be nice to have that option in editor.
This is the main point.
[Dellirium]
And why this feature needs to be added to the editor? Using SBed hitsounds is not recommended and there is no problem with typing 1 line by hand.
Card N'FoRcE

[Dellirium] wrote:

And why this feature needs to be added to the editor? Using SBed hitsounds is not recommended and there is no problem with typing 1 line by hand.
Noone said anything about storyboarded hitsounds.
When making specific kinds of storyboards, sounds do have a purpose outside hitsounding and there are valid examples proving this point (don't stop me now being the most famous one).
Even if adding a line in the .osb/.osu files is kinda easy, i can easily see why people would like to see this implemented in the editor.