forum

Game Crashes Upon Starting [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JediMaster80
  1. System specs (hardware, including RAM and graphics card/drivers)
    System RAM: 768 MB
    Video Card: ATI Radeon 9200 (128 MB)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  2. Operating System (including Edition, version number, Service packs, etc)
    Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  3. What you were doing before/during the error.
    I clicked to Start OSU, then it crashes before i get to the main menu.
    Any attempts to move mouse in game, crashes the game.
  4. A copy of the error dump (this is included in the error message that pops up when the client crashes).
    System.Exception: Your graphics card has reported texture corruption.
    This is probably a result of not having enough graphics RAM. You may want to try swapping your renderer or lowering your graphics settings.
    *Picture of Error is in Spoiler Box due to picture being 1280x960 Resolution*
    There is nothing wrong with my video card. I was able to play OSU before and now it just stopped working.
  5. Include a way to replicate the bug if possible. If peppy can't replicate it, he can't fix it.
    I don't know how i could.
    I 1st tried Repairing the game, didn't work, then i fully uninstalled then reinstalled the game, still keeps crashing.
    I made sure i even deleted the OSU folder after Uninstalling to removes any leftover files but it still crashes even after reinstall.
I'll continue trying to get this to work, but if anybody knows how to fix this, please help.
peppy
First thing I notice is that you aren't running the latest version of osu!. Have you tried updating first?
Topic Starter
JediMaster80
Sorry, forgot to add that, I DID also update it and it also keeps crashing.

Edit:
I think i "might" have an idea of what's wrong.
I was trying to install many thing and i think a few drivers to get another game running, but that wouldn't run.
It's possible that 1 of those drives is preventing OSU to run.
I'll work on trying to find and delete those drives and see if it works then.

I'll keep you posted.

Edit 2:
Ok i think i found the problem. My Direct X i am positive is corrupt.
Changing the Render:
Renderer = d3d
to
Renderer = opengl
i can play now.

This might explain why other games of mine stopped working.
peppy
Grab the latest directx update from microsoft - should replace most of the files that are important and hopefully fix things up.
Topic Starter
JediMaster80

peppy wrote:

Grab the latest directx update from microsoft - should replace most of the files that are important and hopefully fix things up.
I did update with the newest Directx (Since i have XP, 9.0c is the highest i can go) but it still crashed in d3d mode.

The weird thing is, it worked in Directx mode before and actually played better for me in the mode.

Edit:
I am finally able to get into the game but now it's not loading songs i have already downloaded.

I installed the game at C:\osu!\ instead of C:\Program Files\osu!\ and copied over all the songs in the songs folder from 1 to the other, and now it's not loading any of the songs i had already installed.

I do NOT want to have to go re-download every song over again, even though i already have them.
(It sucks that all these problems always have to happen to me.)

Edit 2: Cancel that, They finally loaded.
anonymous_old
Try hitting F5 at the song select screen or deleting your osu!.db file.
Topic Starter
JediMaster80

strager wrote:

Try hitting F5 at the song select screen or deleting your osu!.db file.
I finally got them to load.
It makes me feel like an idiot that i didn't try to just go to single player and let it detect it. :oops:
Mystearica
Looks resolved to me as you can play properly again. Correct me if I'm wrong.