forum

Accuracy difference inaccurate [#96] [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
After playing a map (Nico Nico Douga - U.N. Owen wa Kanojo nanoka? (Nico Mega Mix) [SOLO]), the score thingy showed my ranked accuracy was reduced by 0.06% but the profile button showed it dropped by 0.05%. (I'm not sure which is correct.)

Couldn't find F12 in time to take a screenshot.
Gens
Just happened here too. The black results screen showed my accuracy did not go up, but my user panel showed it went up by 0.01%. I was too slow to notice this and couldn't take a screenshot either.
Jinxy

JInxyjem wrote:

As seen in the red circles, one puts my accuracy increase as 0.00% while the other says 0.01%.

A more faded version, but you can see it puts -0.01% on top.

I don't know how to replicate as it just happens from time to time, but I'm assuming its a rounding error.
Gens
screenshot get

also bump
Cyclone
I'm sure that the accuracy change shown over your userbar is only when the hundredth place or bigger is changed. The accuracy change shown on the ranking screen after the song is most likely being rounded.

Basically, that just means if your accuracy improves by .001% from a song, and you had 95.999%, you will see +.01% on your userbar, since your accuracy would now be 96.00%. You would not see an increase of .01% on the ranking screen since your accuracy is not going up by .01%. (Anything in that paragraph is assuming accuracy is calculated a certain way. I don't actually know how accuracy is calculated that well.)

That being said, I'm sure peppy already knows what the issue is and will get around to this when he can.

Ticketed: http://osu.sifterapp.com/projects/4151/ ... 6/comments
Yoshi348
They're always off by one, so they just aren't rounding the same way.