forum

Drag-and-drop background/video into editor [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
When dropping a video into the editor, the video should be added as if you hit "insert background" and selected the file.

Same with image files for backgrounds.
LuigiHann
cool idea
Gens
yess
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
rust45
Why do I have a feeling that I spawned this request?

Anyway, support, I had to ask how to add a video because the button to add the video just said "Insert Background", so if this is too much trouble, I ask that the Insert Background button be changed to say "Insert Background/Video".
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

rust45 wrote:

Anyway, support, I had to ask how to add a video because the button to add the video just said "Insert Background", so if this is too much trouble, I ask that the Insert Background button be changed to say "Insert Background/Video".
"Insert background [video]." A video is an animated background. That's a bit of a stretch, though; I agree it's a small UI problem.
aRiskOfRain
I thought it did that already and spent ages changing a picture's filetypes because "osu! does not know how to use this filetype" or something. +1.
Zekira
Supporting since I tend to do this, not remembering that it isn't possible (yet)
peppy
(+) [peppy] Background images/videos can be added to a map by dropping them into the osu! window.