forum

Custom songs in ouendan/eba

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
devkit4384
Every DS rom game contains a file with a .sdat extension that contains all the sounds in the game.

within teh.. .sdat there are wave arcives with .strm extension. It is possible to convert them into a .wav but there is no code to covert back to the original format.

When you extract ouendan or eba music from a level its seperated into 15 to 30 parts each corresponding to the levels sequence.

If it was possible to convert .wav into a .strm then in theory you should be able to create a level with a custom song, but then the beats won't be in sequence but thats another story.
awp

31Gabe wrote:

My custom song on Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2 would be "Believe" by Cher.
Honestly -

explain how you did this. Contribute to threads, don't just post in 'em.
Echo
I'd thought about attempting to do something like this before, but I think it's too impractical. First, the files sizes of the cut up pieces have to match the original song. Also, the order of the cut up song has to be identical in both time, order and size.

Something like Daigasso Band Brothers is a different story, since it stores the data in a midi-like format. I believe there's a modified version floating around with every single song changed to a custom song.