forum

[Archived] Osu Problem Non Valid Win32 Application

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ClubLuigi
When i try to run osu i get this error. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Mystearica
First of all, let me google that for you:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Not+a+valid+Win32+application

Second of all, read the sticky. If you want help, give us some details.
Topic Starter
ClubLuigi

Mystearica wrote:

First of all, let me google that for you:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Not+a+valid+Win32+application

Second of all, read the sticky. If you want help, give us some details.
I did click that link and found some pretty interesting stuff. But it told me to download from another webpage. I did so but it contained a trojan so i dident get it. So im pretty well stuck with this i have to uninstall and reinstall if i want to play again. My internet "people" are billing me on downloads so i cannot download that much or i have to pay so this really doesent work out. If you can find another way on helping this would be of assistance.
Mystearica
Okay I'll repeat myself, please give us some details requested in the Common Issues sticky so others may help you.
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

Get the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or use the osu!setup installer which does not require the .NET Framework.
Ephemeral
And expanding on what strager said:

.NET 2.0+ framework

osu!installer

This is a problem on your end and not any fault with the program itself - at least, so it appears.
Topic Starter
ClubLuigi

Mystearica wrote:

Okay I'll repeat myself, please give us some details requested in the Common Issues sticky so others may help you.
I do not understand " Common Issues Sticky" XD
Ephemeral

ClubLuigi wrote:

Mystearica wrote:

I do not understand " Common Issues Sticky" XD
Common Issues Sticky

For future reference, a 'sticky' refers to a forum thread which is pinned at the top of the list before all the other posts. They're normally the best place to start for common issues.
peppy
You all seem to fail because you didn't read his initial message. It isn't .NET because it only happens after his first play. Try deleting osu!.exe and running the osu! updater again.

It sounds like you have a virus, though.
anonymous_old
[Removed]
anonymous_old

peppy wrote:

You all seem to fail because you didn't read his initial message.
It seems he edited the attachment message in the OP after we posted...
Ephemeral
Excuses or none, I would agree with peppy that a virus is probably at fault here.

Trend Micro Housecall can probably help you out with that. Give that a whirl and fix any problems it finds then reinstall osu and try it again.
Topic Starter
ClubLuigi

peppy wrote:

You all seem to fail because you didn't read his initial message. It isn't .NET because it only happens after his first play. Try deleting osu!.exe and running the osu! updater again.

It sounds like you have a virus, though.
If there is a virus. How to get rid of it i do not have any virus safty software or whatever. XD
Topic Starter
ClubLuigi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Epicdude4000
man,the exact same thing happend to me with roblox... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(