forum

Rate the mapping technique - Round 15: Anti-Jumps (Seibei)

posted
Total Posts

Rate on a scale of 1 to 5 (Read post before answering)

5 - Love them!
11.11%
10.67%
9.78%
16.00%
1 - Hate them!
52.44%
Total votes: 225
Topic Starter
m980
Round 15: Anti-Jumps (SeibeiStyle)

Nominated by Seibei4211. Consists of a beat stream with a few beats with the same spacing further apart on the timeline than the others in the same combo.

Map(s)
Frou Frou - Must Be Dreaming

~Mapping Technique Nominations~
anonymous_old
>=]

>=]
Jarby
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old
1. It's a spacing error.
nomedeusuarionaodisp
I think I tried using this (possibly unconsciously) once in the past, but after I got a bit more of experience and went back there I saw the result was awful. Even so, I think it might not suck if it's done well, but they still force a momentum break. Or whatever I should call it.
2?
Derekku
These are a bitch to sightread, usually because they come out of nowhere and are completely unexpected and make NO sense whatsoever.
Lesjuh
I've always loved these seibei jumps and never had problems reading them. Maps like The Walk and Must be Dreaming For are awesome. Not voting btw.
Zekira

Loogiesquared wrote:

1. It's a spacing error.
CheeseWarlock
Please learn how to use these better, people. There's so much potential.
Torran
I say 1.

AIMod says No.
eee
I was playing Must Be Dreaming, missed at one of those, went "Hell No" as well as "wth?." Which led to Edit
I think they only work for those who definitely know a song aside from those who haven't heard said song in their life.
In Must Be Dreaming, on the 2nd-4th run, they seemed to get better/easier, but that's probably because I 1) got a better listen to the song, and 2) knew they were coming.
I'm not saying they're terrible, but, c'mon, you can do better

eeedit: If there were a New combo on the note where the spacing changes, I'd vote 3
Rolled
Must be dreaming isn't one of Seibei's best uses of these imo.

2 hookers is better, and one of his best maps.
Yuukari-Banteki
tbh I would consider this "technique" to be unrankable
mm201
iNiS-style antijumps are fine.

If they're in the middle of runs though and look the same as everything else, then no, that's just a plain error.
Rena-chan
I hate them. 1. :|
Nakata Yuji
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
FurukawaPan
Starrodkirby86
Only Seibei does them well. <3 (At least, to my remembrance)
Doomsday
1. I've never liked them
awp

MetalMario201 wrote:

iNiS-style antijumps are fine.

If they're in the middle of runs though and look the same as everything else, then no, that's just a plain error.
Ah, the voice of at least moderate reasoning. Had to double-check the thread to make sure I hadn't expressed my disliking of this yet. I haven't. No, I dislike this "technique" and consider it unintuitive.
show more