forum

Rate the mapping technique - Round 18: Deathstreams

posted
Total Posts

Rate on a scale of 1 to 5 (Read post before answering)

5 - Love them!
34.69%
14.72%
14.89%
7.45%
1 - Hate them!
28.26%
Total votes: 591
Topic Starter
m980
Round 18: Deathstreams

Nominated by NoHItter. The infamous Deathstream makes it's way to a rating thread! They are very long and difficult streams consisting of sliders (with or without repeats), hitcircles or a combination of both.

Map(s)
Hatsune Miku - Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu [Uninstall]
Yoko Shimomura - Cackletta Soul Battle [Insane]

~Mapping Technique Nominations~
anonymous_old
Poll plz.

Nevermind.

MegaManEXE

I live for deathstreams, they're what makes osu! a blast
rust45
3 only cause I can't beat them. Why are these so popular, jumps are fun, these are annoying to try to beat.
Kytoxid
I actually feel that jumps are annoying, while deathstreams are fun. XD

fartownik
Omg, without deathstreams osu! doesn't exist.
arien666
Hard with osu!
Hard with Taiko
Hard with CtB

But I like Deathstreams XD

5 points :3
Shinde

I'd rather have short streams, like 7 max, that aren't a jumble of approach circles. It's always fun when I can just spam Z/X with the beat and get all 300s or 100s, and somehow not combobreak on a stream of like 20 sliders-notes. It isn't very satisfying though, even worse when it combo breaks.

*thinks about Marisa*

Jumps are ezpz though, silly heads.
Lybydose
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
nomedeusuarionaodisp
Unnecessary additional difficulty, in my opinion. (oh no, it's a TVTropes link) Although that could be because I simply can't do them... nah, it's not only that. At least for me, there are other possible ways of making a map harder (or better, faster or stronger) without recurring to deathstreams whenever a series of rapid beats comes up in the song.
But, that's just, like, my opinion, men. The opinion of someone who sucks at osu!. :cry:
CheeseWarlock
3. A lot of fun when used right, but they can be horrendously ugly (second screenshot) or a bad way to increase difficulty if used wrong.
eee
1. spaced very very close together (some Cyclone map(s) I don't remember) like the one in the first ss= cool and fun
2. spaced slightly overlapping each other (most 1/4 deathstreams in maps spaced with 1.0x) = fine with me
3. spaced horrendously far apart (Du Hast (I think they can be considered deathstreams)) = NOOOoooooOOooo, they add difficulty, but are extremely difficult.

votes 4
Seibei4211
Argh! I HAVE FURY!
0_o
heart
ShaggoN
I didn't liked these earlier, but i played Marisa so many times, that those streams became friendly to me. :|
Kubu
I hate streams 32 circle+ it sux ^^
ignorethis
no no no I hate this especially mystearica style >:(

however I use them occasionally on my insane maps
Mystearica
Likewise to the above but I'm giving this a 5, deathstreams that follow the music are awesome and I basically play this game to hit streams now so what other reason do I need?

You can hate my maps but that's how I will map and I try to fit in with the music so as much as you hate my deathstreams there will be more, not less. :P
Dangaard
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Lybydose

Mystearica wrote:

Likewise to the above but I'm giving this a 5, deathstreams that follow the music are awesome and I basically play this game to hit streams now so what other reason do I need?

You can hate my maps but that's how I will map and I try to fit in with the music so as much as you hate my deathstreams there will be more, not less. :P
It's because you map in that "oh god 130-140 BPM" range that I can't zx slow enough and using left click only kills my arm.

Exactly 140 is the worst.
show more