forum

This is a topic commending Peppy for his hard work

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MegaTailzChao
Just now I realized how connected the game and the boards are. It may seem like some small thing, but when you really think about it, you realize that he must have out a HUGE amount of effort to make it all possible.

Bumping a topic through the game by changing the last post's date? That's something only a genius could think up. Hell just adding the posts through the in-game submission feature wowed me the first time through. Before you know it we might even have in-game commenting, too!

So give this man a couple hundred rounds of applause, and boot him into gear to amaze us for many a year!
Puffles
Three cheers for Peppy!

Hip hip, hooray!
Hip hip, hooray!
Hip hip, hooray!

(Yes, I copied and pasted that twice.)
chan
Aye, I vouch for witnessing osu! taking it's toll on Peppy, seeing him take powernaps and coding away through the night. Really can't imagine him putting any more effort into this project.
awp
I can't even imagine him putting forth the current level of effort that he does. Either he has discovered some kind of supplement for sleep or secretly hides away a small army of highly-trained code monkeys.
peppy
thanks megatailz + co.

*looks at time* well yeah.. it seems my average sleep time has become 4am lately. and thats *before* i start playing gyakuten4 in bed ;). its almost bad how easily i find it to dedicate myself to something, but at least this time around it is a pretty productive project! i have high ambitions and until i see them coming closer to being fulfilled, i am happy to pour every waking hour into the osu! code-base and community. ho ho ho

In-game commenting is definitely a possibility. With the completion of the text rendering engine i wrote up tonight, I have brought myself a step closer to being able to easily create more easy-to-use and clean GUI elements in-game. The first use for this will be for a more comprehensive optiosn screen, and fixing up a lot of the editor as well.

oh and, forum integration was one of the most painful things i've done for osu! so far. phpbb code isn't easy to work with - trust me. just wait until I try and update from this beta version to the final. that will be AWESOME FUN. :o :o :o

zz
RemmyX25
Peppy, I dropped out of AP Computer Science (in which Java is the primary language) early in the school year because I couldnt keep up. Mind you, I was recommend for this class because I passed (Not-So-) Basic Java with flying colors.

I will never understand how your patience has lasted, but it certainly has paid off.

You're, like, my idol.