forum

Grid snap on storyboard editor?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5
Topic Starter
Vanmonky
How about it?
Sir Minelli
Well, you already get to see the play grid so I'm not sure about this one.

You can always guide yourself using that one.
Zelos
Support+

good for people with unsteady hands.
Topic Starter
Vanmonky
This is very useful especially to arrange SB elements neater. Like, lyrics movement to move horizontally neatly, things like that :/
Sallad4ever

VanMoNky wrote:

This is very useful especially to arrange SB elements neater. Like, lyrics movement to move horizontally neatly, things like that :/
+support
it'll help a lot, even if we can see the play grid it's hard to align the SB elements to it. Hmm but the SB field is much bigger than the play field :o
Verdisphena
Oh god, yes please
Sure
oh yes +1
Kitsunemimi

Sallad4ever wrote:

Hmm but the SB field is much bigger than the play field :o
Actually, not it isn't. At least I don't think so.

They're both 640x480
Zekira
The SB Field is theoretically infinite, lol. The visible area of play is 640x480 however, and the actual play area (where you can place notes) is still actually smaller than that.

Also do note that in the .osu files, the notes are using coordinates according to 512x384, while SB elements use coordinates according to 640x480
Topic Starter
Vanmonky
This has been requested over a year ago lol.
Zekira
I know, I just have no idea why someone necro'd it, probably for bump though
Larto
It's a nice idea, but not too necessary imho. After all, with a little experience how storyboarding by scripting works, you could just change the movement in the .osb file, and that's so easy that avoiding it might not be worth the trouble of implementing this feature.
Charles445

Larto wrote:

It's a nice idea, but not too necessary imho. After all, with a little experience how storyboarding by scripting works, you could just change the movement in the .osb file, and that's so easy that avoiding it might not be worth the trouble of implementing this feature.
Yeah, but imagine if people had no grid snapping when making beatmaps and were forced to open notepad to line everything up.
It'd be quite painful.
Topic Starter
Vanmonky

Larto wrote:

Well, by making grid snap on storyboard editor, even people without any coding experience can make such a neat lyrics storyboard or moving background.

I can do such storyboard cause I learned about HTML coding once and I knew the structure.
Verdisphena
bump
Dai
yes please
Topic Starter
Vanmonky
Yes from all people here. Hmm, so?
Topic Starter
Vanmonky
Star this feature quickly! lol
Verdisphena
Let's go