forum

Milk & Sugar pres. MS2 - Stay Around (For This)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jeshua-Ishvara
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on sexta-feira, 13 de novembro de 2009 at 07:45:55

Artist: Milk & Sugar pres. MS2
Title: Stay Around (For This)
BPM: 128
Filesize: 2826kb
Play Time: 02:00
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy Pie (3,1 stars, 144 notes)
  2. Hard Bread (4,55 stars, 205 notes)
Download: Milk & Sugar pres. MS2 - Stay Around (For This)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Milk & Sugar - a superb House DJ's duo, ready for breakfast! let Ayak Thiik sing for you...

I am done with this map for now - time for the community to take a look at it, I guess!

Please comment, as this is my first beatmap! EVERY and ANY help is very, very welcome!
(new difficulties wanted too, maybe - or ideas for new ones...)
eee
[All Difficulties]
All difficulties need a preview point, go to a point in the song where you want the preview to be, then go to the timing toolbar (w/e), and click Set Current Position as Preview. Be sure to use the same preview in all the difficulties, it doesn't apply automatically

Offset: 1,888 (not sure, yours was good) Resnap All Notes, be sure 1/3s are snapped manually

[Easy]
00:52:003 (7) - New combo, try to stay away from high combo numbers in easier maps
01:37:003 (7) - ^
02:04:080 (1,2,3) - here, I think 1/4's and mixes between them are difficult for easy maps, try deleting (1) and moving (2) 1/4 back
02:08:055 (1,2,3) - ^ and others that follow same rhythm

[Normal]
00:03:051 (4) - spacing, too close to (3)
00:16:063 (2) - 1/4 forward, I pretty sure
00:50:015 (9) - new combo here, combo goes very long
01:35:015 (9) - ^ same
02:04:080 (1) - I don't really hear where this is (and other similar ones) are supposed to land, 1/4 back to all the ones like this? if it makes sense to you, keep them. I just don't hear it, be sure to distance space them after.

[Lunatic]
If you're gonna finish Lunatic, of if it's finished, Lower the Overall difficulty 2-3 ticks down & HPdrain 2-3, it's just cruel where it is. Circle Size, I believe can stay.
00:16:063 (2) - 1/4 later
02:04:080 (1) - See. [Normal]

Does this song have anything to do with Touhou? Doesn't really matter, some maps have gotten ranked with non-relative backgrounds (unless this is related), I don't know :/
As for the map, some of it was repetitive, but that's not important, I like how you knew most of what you were doing. You snapped most 1/4s and 1/3s to proper beats, so I know you know a bit about mapping. Timing was close, AImod fails to find anything, Great!!

I'll star to get you on your way ;D
Jinxy
Wow, I'm impressed. However, I think the background is too blurry... I might find another BG for this map.

Green = Fix this if you want, I don't mind you not fixing it.

[EasyPie]
00:50:022 (4,5,6) - A little too high up the grid. Maybe make another pattern? The (3) and (4) does not have to be in a line, you know. ;)

[Hard Bread]
The beats are too small, in my opinion. Decrease hitcircle tick by 1 and increase overall difficulty by 1, 2 or 3?

Starred!
Topic Starter
Jeshua-Ishvara

eee wrote:

[All Difficulties]
Preview Point:
- Set (I really need to learn what are those previews for, as they don't show anywhere here)

Offset:
- Changed to your suggestion - a good idea, but the new audio file got another Offset, so... /o\

[Easy]
00:52:003 (7) - New combo
01:37:003 (7) - ^
- Done
02:04:080 (1,2,3) - mixes between 1/4's are difficult for easy maps
02:08:055 (1,2,3) - ^ others that follow same rhythm
- Done - looks and feels right, I think :D

[Normal]
00:03:051 (4) - spacing, too close to (3)
- Fixed - got it wrong from Lunatic after orphaning a beat... :oops:
00:16:063 (2) - 1/4 forward, I pretty sure
- Yup! fixed
00:50:015 (9) - new combo here
01:35:015 (9) - ^ same
- Fixed - had forgot about that combo :roll:
02:04:080 (1) - I don't really hear where this is (...) supposed to land (...) if it makes sense to you, keep them.
- I'm following a pandeiro in the background - it's barely audible, but is there! :)

[Lunatic]:
- Lunatic Difficulty Got Deleted. :P

Does this song have anything to do with Touhou?
- Woops - you got me :lol:
(The only connection to Touhou is that this is one of the songs I like to listen while playing UNL) :P
- Wallpaper changed

As for the map, some of it was repetitive, but that's not important.
- Erased 1 minute from the song - 45 secs from a section and 15 from another one;
- Redistributed the beats around the remaining timeline;
- Changed Easy and Normal difficulties so they look and feel better / different from one another (yet similar);
- Turned some Beats into Sliders on Normal;
- Changed Normal to Hard.
Thanks for the help, eee! I just fixed all the problems found by you, and followed some of your suggestions :P
- notes in red above
Topic Starter
Jeshua-Ishvara

JInxyjem wrote:

I think the background is too blurry... I might find another BG for this map.
Oh! Pretty please! :D
Green = Fix this if you want, I don't mind you not fixing it.

[Easy Pie]
00:50:022 (4,5,6) - A little too high up the grid. Maybe make another pattern? The (3) and (4) does not have to be in a line, you know. ;)
- They don't have to, But, but, but... but it's rumba! :)
- (Got this combo 1 square-grid down)

[Hard Bread]
The beats are too small, in my opinion. Decrease hitcircle tick by 1 and increase overall difficulty by 1, 2 or 3?
- I only changed the difficulty name to Hard because the game gave it 4.5 stars after I changed some combos - It was intended to be a Normal map... :P
- Anyway, I think that crazy "back and foward" pattern is confusing enough for this to be called Hard
:D
Thank you for taking a look at the map after I yelled in the gamechat! Thankyou thank you³
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.