forum

Will updating my drivers make OSU run a little faster? [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kairuishimaru
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku
Nevertheless, it wouldn't hurt to update your drivers. Outdated ones can screw up things, too.
anonymous_old

Derekku Chan wrote:

Nevertheless, it wouldn't hurt to update your drivers. Outdated ones can screw up things, too.
Not exactly...

On my older computer I had better success (as in, slightly higher framerates) using older video drivers than newer ones. No idea why, but it worked for me.
peppy
Topic Starter
kairuishimaru
My CPU usage is just 58%. But i cant still play the game normally..

I installed yesterday directx. (if it was really directx). And i switched to directx on OSU options.. but i still got the popup message of video card error.

anonymous_old
What is your video card?
Topic Starter
kairuishimaru
What video card?
Do you mean in the device manager? The one with display adapters? If yes, then my video card is, Intel(r) 82856G Graphics controller.

Also if you forgot, I installed latest version of directx.
anonymous_old
Having DirectX does not mean having support for the shaders osu! use in DirectX mode.
Topic Starter
kairuishimaru
I already did try changing the option to directx. but I still got the "video card error" popup message.
Derekku
Topic Starter
kairuishimaru
In OpenGL mode, i cant play since the mouse pointer is so HARD to control. And when i say hard to control, you cant catch up with the circles in the game.
peppy
This is definitely a problem with your drivers or hardware that you are probably not capable of fixing alone (you need some degree of computer knowledge to combat these kinds of isssues). Have you tried fullscreen by chance?
anonymous_old
Try checking your video driver's options. Disable triple buffering if it's enabled.
Topic Starter
kairuishimaru
peppy
Bye then? Feel free to come back when you fix your PC (or get one that works) ;).
Topic Starter
kairuishimaru

peppy wrote:

Bye then? Feel free to come back when you fix your PC (or get one that works) ;).
Err. Im pretty sure that my PC is fixed.. I'll just play OSU.. maybe never. orz
Topic Starter
kairuishimaru
I just discovered something.
That some beatmaps arent laggish or slow when played! Like I played Black Rock Shooter and it wasnt slow. But of course, it still cant finish the song..