forum

I got DJ Hero ^___^

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rolled
I am terrible at it :(

Not completely worth the 120$ I would say, hold off until it hits ~100. It's a fun game though - very hard. Even transitioning off of various rhythm games, pretty hard. Haven't tried too much of expert. I consistently 2-3 star Hard difficulty after having the game a few hours.

Do you have DJ Hero? ^_^
RemmyX25
I was curious about it. Not going to get immediately, but I want to try it sometime.
Stickly Man
I'm tempted to get it, but I need to save my money for college >:(

It looks really fun, but I at least want to try it before I make a decision
Loginer
Looks silly to me, but then again, so did Guitar Hero until I actually gave it a try.
Gabi
worst thing ever
Pokebis
I tried it at a Best Buy. Not especially impressive, but I suppose I never went that in depth. I never really cared for GH all that much. I want to get into Beatmania, though. Lookz moar fun.
lukewarmholiday
definitely not worth the money.
Diokatsu
I'm really against getting a game that's yet another rip off of a Japanese rhythm game ._. Beatmania had better songs imo too.
nardii
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
Yeah, aside from the turntable controller (which itself is designed completely differently), this game doesn't have much in common with any previous DJ-themed game. It seems to be the only one that actually incorporates DJ-related elements into both the music and the gameplay. The whole mashup-and-crossfade element is pretty original and clever.

The game does seem to be way too expensive for something that really won't have the party appeal of Rock Band, so I'm waiting either for a serious price drop, or for an Under Pressure / Ice Ice Baby mashup as DLC.
Pokebis

Diokatsu wrote:

I'm really against getting a game that's yet another rip off of a Japanese rhythm game ._. Beatmania had better songs imo too.
Who cares if it's a rip-off or not as long as it's not a broken concept. The game is different enough to be a different game. Hell, this takes on an actual DJ concept. The disk in Beatmania is just an extra button in a button game. You can not like this game and like Beatmania, but you're setting off the JAPAN IS SUPERIORZ vibe.
lukewarmholiday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann

lukewarmholiday wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

The game does seem to be way too expensive for something that really won't have the party appeal of Rock Band, so I'm waiting either for a serious price drop, or for an Under Pressure / Ice Ice Baby mashup as DLC.
The Cant touch this/ice ice baby mashup isnt good enough for you?
The fact that there's a different Ice Ice Baby mashup in the game only makes the absence of an Under Pressure / Ice Ice Baby mashup all the more insulting.
jonathan_old
Really, Activision? You release GH5, BH, and this in the same period of time? Jobs at your place must be easy.
nardii

jonathan wrote:

Really, Activision? You release GH5, BH, and this in the same period of time? Jobs at your place must be easy.
Publisher ≠ developer. GH and DJ Hero were developed by separate studios.
Nharox

Gabi wrote:

worst thing ever
ITT: How to waste money.
Diokatsu
Behon
Got the game for Christmas. Rolled, do you want to play online sometime?
Larto
Got it for chistmas, too. It's great imho. Would never have thought Disturbia and Somebody Told Me would work so well together.
Detective Tuesday
The soundtrack is pretty dope. I haven't played enough of the game to comment on the difficulty, but throughout the first 7 or so songs on Expert I missed like 5 times total. I'm hoping it picks up in the later songs but I'm not so impressed yet.

I really really really wanna play D.O.A. on this. Awh! Awh!
show more