forum

osu! lockup [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CyberFox01
since the last 2 updates osu! has been locking up after a few songs.

I've encountered this issues on my 3 machines (i have to know the combo to force kill osu! without looking as osu! isn't minimizing :o ), or even lets other programs get on top.
the sound is still running in osu!. Like the music, it finishes the song being played, and then stops.
anonymous_old
Try turning on the frame limiter.

Try switching from DirectX to OpenGL or vice versa, if possible.
Topic Starter
CyberFox01
ok i tried the openGL option, same result. osu! runs perfectly fine in about 10min until it spontaneously locks up.
peppy
Did you make sure the frame limiter is set to something that isn't "Unlimited"?
Topic Starter
CyberFox01
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old

CyberFox01 wrote:

yes, its set on 120 which is also the default option.
Try 60?

If you can, try checking your computer's temperature. It may be overheating, causing something to go wrong with your video card, thus either confusing the driver and causing it to lock up, or locking up directly.
Kitsunemimi
I think I'm getting the same problem, and I think the cause is the lack of internet. I've also noticed that osu! only tries to connect to Bancho whereas before, it would say that it's unable to connect and it'll reconnect when possible. There probably isn't any difference, but it wouldn't spam messages every minute or so.
Topic Starter
CyberFox01
i mentioned i had the same issue with all my 3 machines

my guest machine
my main
and my lappy

edit: they're all running with the same firewall, which usually can't comprehend letting osu! trough
Torran

CyberFox01 wrote:

edit: they're all running with the same firewall, which usually can't comprehend letting osu! trough
You could've mentioned that sooner :?, now try disabling the firewall.
Topic Starter
CyberFox01
that seemed to work.

still i still see it as an issue not being able to play more than 10min without locking up without internet that is.
anonymous_old
Is the firewall on the computer or on the router?

If it's on the computer, something could be triggering it to cause problems with osu!.
Torran
I'm confirming this problem, or at least something resembling it.
  • 1. Block port 13381 TCP
    2. Play a ranked map that has no local scores
    3. Let it try submitting the score
    3. Freeze
    4. DON'T PANIC
    5. Unfreeze
    >if this doesn't happen then
    6. PANIC
    >else
    6. Cake will be served
Topic Starter
CyberFox01
THE CAKE IS A LIE!
THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!
peppy
Probably something to do with error reporting. For the time being either logout or fix firewall.
Topic Starter
CyberFox01
well I've already fixed the firewall, but my firewall is just retarded.

ill just have to remember disabling my firewall when playing [for the time being].

but anyways, thnx for the time ^^
Zekira

soradg123 wrote:

6. Cake will be served[/list]
This is why I have soradg123 on my watchlist: he amuses me too much with his cake. :)