forum

Be able to display SB over spinner.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
rust45
I was thinking of this because sometimes a map might have a a 2x slider or section right after a spinner and it may not work to put a warning right between the end and the slider. Also, some cool effects could be made with being able to see an SB over a spinner. This could obviously lead to some cases where it's impossible to see the spinner though. And btw there would be a toggle on the SB items to determine if the mapper wants it over the spinner.
anonymous_old
Skin the spinner to be transparent?
0_o
I think if we were able to SB over any hitobjects there would be potential for some cool stuff.
LuigiHann

strager wrote:

Won't work. Everything goes black behind the spinner (although a toggle for that may appear in the future). I don't think that would have the effect that he wants, though.

In the specific case described, I think it would make just as much sense to storyboard in the 2X warning before the spinner. Also, there's room for a bit of creativity by skinning the spinner's "spin," "clear," and approach circle sprites.

0_o wrote:

I think if we were able to SB over any hitobjects there would be potential for some cool game-ruining stuff.
It could be fun, but I just see waaay too much potential for headaches there, even in the best cases.
eee

0_o wrote:

I think if we were able to SB over any hitobjects there would be potential for some cool stuff.
It can make this possible (for the tutorial)

But I think it'd probably get too out of hand at times, hitcircle/slider tricks >:D
I'm kinda supporting this :/
anonymous_old

eee wrote:

But I think it'd probably get too out of hand at times, hitcircle/slider tricks >:D
I'm kinda supporting this :/
Hey, this is what beatmap moderation is for.
qlum
I support this it can also help with lyrics so they can always be on top
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp

LuigiHann wrote:

strager wrote:

Won't work. Everything goes black behind the spinner (although a toggle for that may appear in the future).
Bastard, making me waste my 7000'th post on a support issue. The toggle already exists; it was created so I could use it in the OEWY skin, remember?
Intermezzo
ini toggles won't work on map-specific skins.
Daru

Intermezzo wrote:

Can't you add them under [general] in the .osu file?
Intermezzo
Disregard my post, I was unaware of this feature. ;)
awp
so was I
Topic Starter
rust45
While making a transparent spinner would work well for some maps, as to see the story still moving along, some maps may only need to make a transparent spinner for one spinner as to see one warning of one 2x slider when there are 4 other spinners in the map, and easier difficulties. Well it is nice you can do that for maps that use hardcore SBing, making a transparent spinner seems a little over the top when you need it once.

That being said, I still wish for this feature to be implemented, besides over other hit objects would be awesome as well.
anonymous_old
How about you fix the map where you don't have notes right after a spinner or don't have the non-obvious 2x slider section which seems to NEED a warning?
LuigiHann

Intermezzo wrote:

Disregard my post, I was unaware of this feature. ;)
does that actually work? I was under the impression that it does not. For structural reasons. The "display circle overlays above number" toggle had to be added in specifically for map-specific skins, and that would have been redundant if ini toggles worked that way.

strager wrote:

How about you fix the map where you don't have notes right after a spinner or don't have the non-obvious 2x slider section which seems to NEED a warning?
imo all 2x slider sections need warnings
anonymous_old

LuigiHann wrote:

strager wrote:

imo all 2x slider sections need warnings
Sped up sections should be natural or not exist in a map except for stupid challenges.
Azure_Kite
This would be great, but I highly doubt it will be implemented. I'd love to be able to storyboard Battler and Beatrice having their arguments as the spinner span in one of my maps. Since I need as much time as I can salvage to finish the story in two minutes orz

+8999 support.
Zekira

Daru wrote:

Intermezzo wrote:

...I tried this with the LayeredHitSounds: 0 and it didn't work, unfortunately ._. darn!
Kitsunemimi
This would be really convenient in some situations.

+1 Support.
show more