forum

HAL - the starry sky

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Echo
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, 8 July 2008 at 3:20:33 p.m.

Artist: HAL
Title: the starry sky
BPM: 139.84
Filesize: 19457kb
Play Time: 03:10
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (4.12 stars, 312 notes)
  2. Echo (4.5 stars, 379 notes)
Download: HAL - the starry sky
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My cut version of a remix of the ending theme for Angelic Layer.

Worked on it for quite a while, mainly because I keep running out of ideas for it. Video is slightly on the large side but worth the download (I can't believe I'm saying this).

Enjoy!

Thanks to peppy for giving me this song and Angelic Layer =D

And... here is the no-video link.
peppy
I don't think you can talk :P.

Topic Starter
Echo
But isn't that obvious...?
peppy

Echo49 wrote:

But isn't that obvious...?
I dunno, I have real troubles with this map. Still haven't passed it actually!
Rolled
17 X's on first play X_X

I think you should make an insane map for this, and transfer those sliders in the beginning to that map.. and replace them in hard. They are a killer. I feel this song is kind of imbalanced in terms of difficulty.

It's also really hard to follow the sections upwards to 2:45. There's lots of hopping around and its something you don't even notice until edit mode.. but causes lots of 50's.

Or maybe I just suck at osu :(
Topic Starter
Echo

Rolled wrote:

I feel this song is kind of imbalanced in terms of difficulty.
Can you elaborate?

Edit:

New version uploaded. Fixed some bad spacing that I never noticed, and added some beats in 1:15-1:30 section to make the pauses less awkward (well, the pauses don't exist anymore now). Flipped some notes in the last section to make jumps smaller.

I really don't want to change the sliders at the beginning. I took a lot of time getting that perfect the way it is and I don't want to see it gone. Similarly with the ending.
Saturos
I liked the sliders, and pretty much the entire beatmap. But it's probably my own personal preference for what I like to have in beatmaps.

I said it in IRC and I'll say it here; it felt like Scatman and Crosstime fused into anime. No, I don't know if that's good or bad, but I like it. ;x

/me stars for easier difficulty (I have a feeling most will feel it's way too difficult >>).

Edit: Added screenshot to prove it's not 'impossible'. Also, the more I play it, the more I realize just how well thought out this map was. My favorite from you so far, Echo. <3

James
Wow, nice map. I did pretty good with in the first few tries, got a half of Saturos' score 8-) I just made 2 Xs and a few slider miss in the beginning and near the end.

Are those half-beat combo in 02:06 40 and 02:09:83 done intentionally? Its pretty cool though!

The sliders in 03:04:56 and 03:05:20 are too far for me, I always get an X or slider miss in there, passed the song like 5 times and always have those notes as an X or slider miss.
But I don't mind really, just a few practice more and I'll get them, I hope.

EDIT: Waiting for an easier version though!
EDIT2: Forgot to remove the bubble, I was in a hurry at that time :P
EDIT3: After passing the song for 12-15 times:

The miss was a stupid mistake, I kept focused on those 3 vertical sliders at the end and missed. Well thats how a player with crappy accuracy played the song. But I liked it! 8-)
Topic Starter
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
James
come on Echo, easier version please? :)
Saturos
Agreed. This is another one of my favorite unranked's.

/me wants to rank it.
Topic Starter
Echo
It's a fairly long song... I'll see when I have time.

edit:

I've started working on a Normal, will definitely do a Hard, and maybe an Easy, but not likely. The original difficulty has been temporarily renamed to Echo.
James
changing the old hard? :(((((((
James
while those people who want this ranked are still waiting, play this first.

Download: HAL - the starry sky (Echo49) [JAMES DIFFICULTY!!].osu
machol30
timing beginning at 02:31:84 sounds late in James Difficulty. Offset? Anyway, I see no reason not to rank this. I'll bubble.
awp
I won't rank because Normal is far from done

but oh how I want to <3

James Difficulty is hard.
James

buraimaster1234 wrote:

timing beginning at 02:31:84 sounds late in James Difficulty. Offset? Anyway, I see no reason not to rank this. I'll bubble.
its the same as echo's
James
( James ) ah echo you put too much copy pasting you forgot to remove the overlapping notes at 03:00

i will bubble this as soon as the overlapping notes in normal is fixed. with or without jamesdifficulty since i got bored yesterday so i made one

EDIT: One more mod and every player waiting for this map to be ranked will be happy~
Saturos
Guess I'll do it.

<3
Larto

peppy wrote:

Lol noncentered numbers.
show more