forum

Hitcircles that regenerate more health(or w.e. its called). [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
vunkster
So i was playing Osu! one day and while playing, an idea hit me ,that it would be cool if you could add hitcircles in the beatmap editor, that regenerate more amount of health (or w.e.the drain bar is called) than the usuals ones so if ur so close to losing, it could be a life saver :|
Im sure this suggestion might have been mentioned once or twice before, but i really didnt know what to type in the search bar to check, so id thought id post this suggestion aniway, just incase.
Azure_Kite
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Hitoshirenu Shourai
While something like this may be kinda cool for less-skilled players, it's completely unnecessary. When a beatmap is designed, it takes into account how fast your health drops based on the amount of combos (or so I've heard), so if there were a special "power-up" or something, it would make the map much less fair to those skilled enough to handle the map. Not saying you aren't skilled, just saying that as you get better, something like a "health boost" wouldn't be needed.

Some of the "challenge" maps (I.E.: Marisa, Tsurupettan, etc.) have very low health drain. This is because of the sheer difficulty of the songs. Why make the drain low? So more players can pass it. If a map's drain is high, it just simply means that you need to have accuracy. If you don't play accurately, it's best to keep away from the song for a while.

So yeah, that's my take on health-boosting circles.

As a side note, a health boost in this game would most likely not even be a hit-circle. If something of the sort were to be implemented, it would most likely appear as the well-known plus sign, and probably be 2 circle sizes smaller and only be on the map a few seconds. It wouldn't give a score boost-- in fact, it might actually lower score. This game isn't really meant for power-ups and health boosts... or at least not traditional gameplay. Maybe you should propose this idea for a different mode of play? *shrugs*
Derekku
As already said, this is unnecessary, so I'll go ahead and deny it.