forum

SHK - Identity Part II

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kytoxid
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on February-13-10 at 3:44:33 PM

Artist: SHK
Title: Identity Part II
Source: O2Jam
Tags: Techno rhythm game alvisto collab srk mafiamaster starrodkirby86 azure_kyte
BPM: 150
Filesize: 2659kb
Play Time: 02:36
Difficulties Available:
  1. AoI MiX (4.99 stars, 419 notes)
  2. Beuchi's Relaxing (3.13 stars, 203 notes)
  3. Collab (5 stars, 672 notes)
Download: SHK - Identity Part II
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
A collab between a lot of people.

Kytoxid
Starrodkirby86
Mafiamaster
alvisto
Azure_Kyte
Aoitenshi
Beuchi-chan

It would've had a storyboard, except my idea wasn't very good, and didn't fit too well, so I scrapped it. (also, I just got sick of doing some of the stuff on it) :(
Azure_Kite
Here's my part, it has a few timing sections, so make sure you copy them too :)

Download: SHK - Identity Part II (Kytoxid) [Azure's Part].osu
NoHitter
Way to hijack someone else's map http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16750

opps. You didn't see that.
Topic Starter
Kytoxid
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Starrodkirby86
My first 15-second part is done.

Download: SHK - Identity Part II (Kytoxid) [Collab].osu
Topic Starter
Kytoxid
Added; awesomeness has ensued.
Aoitenshi
Hey kytoxid, can I make the hard for you? I really love this song XD
Topic Starter
Kytoxid

Aoitenshi wrote:

Hey kytoxid, can I make the hard for you? I really love this song XD
We're probably going to push this song towards approval. If you're okay with that, sure. :)
Aoitenshi
Like I care is it approved or not, at least I do enjoy creating maps XD
Aoitenshi
(Wrong double post)
alvisto
Hey Kytoxid, I have completed my part... We can discuss about it on irc next time about my part. xD

I have several timing sections too, and I mapped directly to the latest collab diff, xD.

And also I notice your folder has this SHK - Identity part 2 (Kytoxid).osb, have you removed that ? xD

Topic Starter
Kytoxid

alvisto wrote:

Hey Kytoxid, I have completed my part... We can discuss about it on irc next time about my part. xD

I have several timing sections too, and I mapped directly to the latest collab diff, xD.

And also I notice your folder has this SHK - Identity part 2 (Kytoxid).osb, have you removed that ? xD
Yeah, I was just too lazy to full submit again until it was done, lol. Thanks! (your part was uploaded)
Mafiamaster
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Topic Starter
Kytoxid

Mafiamaster wrote:

>:(
Uploaded. >:
Aoitenshi
OMG Done! (I prefer quality than difficulity XD)Download: SHK - Identity Part II (Kytoxid) [Kiai].osu
Topic Starter
Kytoxid

Aoitenshi wrote:

OMG Done! (I prefer quality than difficulity XD)[attachment=0:e4391]SHK - Identity Part II (Kytoxid) [Kiai].osu[/attachment:e4391]
Uploaded; took a quick look through, it looks awesome. Just make sure your inherited timing sections lie before the notes they're supposed to affect (00:40:014 (1,1,1,1,1) - shift back 1/2). :)

Do you just want it called "Kiai"?

(also, why are there 6 downloads of it before I even got here? popular guy XD)
Aoitenshi

Kytoxid wrote:

Aoitenshi wrote:

OMG Done! (I prefer quality than difficulity XD)ATTACH[SHK - Identity Part II (Kytoxid) [Kiai].osu]
Uploaded; took a quick look through, it looks awesome. Just make sure your inherited timing sections lie before the notes they're supposed to affect (00:40:014 (1,1,1,1,1) - shift back 1/2). :)Thanks! Fixed!

Do you just want it called "Kiai"?I don't have any Idea to give it another name. XD Maybe AoI MiX?

(also, why are there 6 downloads of it before I even got here? popular guy XD)Who knows? XD I don't know that I'm popular.
Download: SHK - Identity Part II (Kytoxid) [AoI MiX].osu
Topic Starter
Kytoxid
Uploaded. Wewt.
Senor Cardgage
Returning the favor for modding my WIP map!

(Note: I noticed that you said you're shooting for approval with this map instead of ranking: therefore, a lot of these really are just suggestions, since approved maps tend not to have as strict design standards as ranked maps.)

[AoI Mix]

00:12:948-00:15:748 - Might I suggest fusing these into one spinner, unless you've got a reason for why these are separate.
00:32:148 - I'd suggest separating the start of the blue combo from the green stack; in general, if you're stacking notes, they should all be the same distance apart.
00:46:508 (Blue combo) - Either separate 4 from the rest of the stack, or separate 1/2 and 3/4 into two separate stacks. It's another inconsistant distance problem.
00:57:748 (Red combo) - I really really like this.
01:42:508 - Begone with this pesky note! It's totally unnecessary, and it screws up the beginning of the spinner that follows.
01:46:148 - See above.
01:53:748-01:59:948 - Again, I really really like this.
02:07:548 (2-4) - This spacing's really weird and unnatural for notes this far apart. I'd suggest either stacking them or spacing them out. The same for the 2-4 in the next 3 combos.
02:20:588-02:23:394 - See first suggestion.
02:23:781 - The offset for this timing section should be 143,770; as it currently is, it's a bit late. You'll need to fix the Kiai Time section with this adjustment, as well.
02:31:770 (Blue combo) - These stacks should really be separated; sticking them all in one is just too darn confusing.
02:36:570 - Begone with this note!

[Collab]

00:15:448 - Too short. Like I tell everyone who makes spinners like this, I'd run through Autoplay and see how it does on each spinner. Generally, if it can't get more than 2000 bonus points, then it's virtually impossible for a human player to complete the spinner, which is just flat out unfair (especially with this map's HP drain level; it's almost like the player's being set up for failure).
00:44:948-00:46:448 - I absolutely LOVE this part right here.
00:57:848-01:00:948 - And here.
01:18:648 (2-3) - Switch these. I see what you were going for, and I admire the creativity, but you can't honestly expect anyone to move that precisely that quickly.
01:14:348 (Blue and Red Combos) - Again, I like the idea behind what you were going for, but those jumps are just too wide for anyone to hit with any sort of decent accuracy (especially that red combo). Same goes for these two combos in the flipped section.
01:46:148 - Not as bad as the first spinner, but you may still want to lengthen it just a TINY bit.

Overall, just shy of perfection, but a damned fine start. I can tell you and the mappers behind the collab difficulty have put a lot of effort into this, and for that, have a star. :D
Aoitenshi

Senor Cardgage wrote:

Returning the favor for modding my WIP map!

(Note: I noticed that you said you're shooting for approval with this map instead of ranking: therefore, a lot of these really are just suggestions, since approved maps tend not to have as strict design standards as ranked maps.)

[AoI Mix]

00:12:948-00:15:748 - Might I suggest fusing these into one spinner, unless you've got a reason for why these are separate. If you said so. Fixed
00:32:148 - I'd suggest separating the start of the blue combo from the green stack; in general, if you're stacking notes, they should all be the same distance apart. Done!
00:46:508 (Blue combo) - Either separate 4 from the rest of the stack, or separate 1/2 and 3/4 into two separate stacks. It's another inconsistant distance problem. I don't really understand, but, I tried to do it.
00:57:748 (Red combo) - I really really like this. Thanks!
01:42:508 - Begone with this pesky note! It's totally unnecessary, and it screws up the beginning of the spinner that follows. It's Darri's style after all...
01:46:148 - See above. See above.
01:53:748-01:59:948 - Again, I really really like this.
02:07:548 (2-4) - This spacing's really weird and unnatural for notes this far apart. I'd suggest either stacking them or spacing them out. The same for the 2-4 in the next 3 combos. K.
02:20:588-02:23:394 - See first suggestion. Told ja', fixed
02:23:781 - The offset for this timing section should be 143,770; as it currently is, it's a bit late. You'll need to fix the Kiai Time section with this adjustment, as well.
02:31:770 (Blue combo) - These stacks should really be separated; sticking them all in one is just too darn confusing. No, I don't think so.
02:36:570 - Begone with this note! NO!

[Collab]

00:15:448 - Too short. Like I tell everyone who makes spinners like this, I'd run through Autoplay and see how it does on each spinner. Generally, if it can't get more than 2000 bonus points, then it's virtually impossible for a human player to complete the spinner, which is just flat out unfair (especially with this map's HP drain level; it's almost like the player's being set up for failure).
00:44:948-00:46:448 - I absolutely LOVE this part right here.
00:57:848-01:00:948 - And here.
01:18:648 (2-3) - Switch these. I see what you were going for, and I admire the creativity, but you can't honestly expect anyone to move that precisely that quickly.
01:14:348 (Blue and Red Combos) - Again, I like the idea behind what you were going for, but those jumps are just too wide for anyone to hit with any sort of decent accuracy (especially that red combo). Same goes for these two combos in the flipped section.
01:46:148 - Not as bad as the first spinner, but you may still want to lengthen it just a TINY bit.

Overall, just shy of perfection, but a damned fine start. I can tell you and the mappers behind the collab difficulty have put a lot of effort into this, and for that, have a star. :D

OMG WAT
show more