forum

Nobuo Uematsu - The Prelude (FFX)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MetalSonic3
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 26. helmikuuta 2008 at 23:45:00

Artist: Nobuo Uematsu
Title: The Prelude
BPM: 120
Filesize: 5218kb
Play Time: 03:23
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (3,82 stars, 349 notes)
Download: Nobuo Uematsu - The Prelude
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I hope it's by Nobuo... just say if I'm wrong.

This is that cool song from the beginning of the game when you are at Zanarkand for the first time and give autographs for everyone with Tidus.

Offset changed to 16820
Colors changed and some beat placements edited.
More beat spacing edits..
Echo
offset at 16820

Cecilthemos
I had to check this out because it's Nobuo...
and I haven't listened to the FFX OST much, but I hope this isn't the song I'm thinking of...
Topic Starter
MetalSonic3
Offset changed now.
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Rolled
Some spacing flaws again, but overlookable.

Would you consider changing the sample sound to soft? With loud you can barely hear the music. If you don't like soft, you could always change the volume of the loud. Other than that this beatmap is good.
Topic Starter
MetalSonic3
Spacing stuff repaired and sample sound changed to soft now XP
awp
Phew...for a second there, I thought you'd actually done "To Zanarkand" but it sounds like you haven't?

I should stay away from this forum when I'm at work; can't exactly contribute. Buuuut, I can bookmark this thread for later =D
Topic Starter
MetalSonic3

awp wrote:

Phew...for a second there, I thought you'd actually done "To Zanarkand" but it sounds like you haven't?
Haha lawl, i might do a beatmap for to zanarkand later XD
awp
I do (sort of) plan on doing it, as it will be the first beatmap I'll have made that people recognize (0/7 so far!)

idk if I will ever get aroooound to it though

EDIT: Played beatmap. Beatspacing is still a bit cruel at times (it was okay for me but perhaps not for everybody?) but the timing was very intuitive (unless I'm just familiar with the song). Personally, I don't think the soft soundset really suits it - I'd go with the latter suggestion, and tone down the loud sampleset. It's quite a good beatmap, though. Congrats.

Though, my one (useful) criticism: Some of the sliders, I think, could do with a little more imagination. The sliders near the end (from what I recall) were great, but...you know the part, in the middle of the song, where it plays the classic ff medley? I believe there's a slider, hitcircle, slider pattern going on there, which is fine, but I was half expecting the sliders to be very zigzaggy at that part, having the slider ball turn at every chime - don't know how practical it might be, and you have your own ideas, but it was just a thought. Suffice to say, the way things are now work - no question. Sliders are a tricky thing to do truly well, and it's something I myself haven't been able to grasp yet.

Perhaps you should leave them as-is, and try experimenting with them on another difficulty mapping, ya?

Hmm, this thread didn't have any such symbols on it. I'll star it for now (because I'm at work and can't confirm that I deem it rankable, though I probably do) and yes, would like to see more difficulties.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.