forum

Danimal Cannon - Rockin' on Heaven's Door

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
awp
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, November 30, 2009 at 1:16:01 PM

Artist: Danimal Cannon
Title: Rockin' on Heaven's Door
Source: Chrono Trigger
Tags: video game metal Zeal Corridor Time ARMCANNON
BPM: 112.27
Filesize: 9896kb
Play Time: 03:13
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.03 stars, 131 notes)
  2. Hard (4.65 stars, 310 notes)
  3. Normal (2.45 stars, 194 notes)
Download: Danimal Cannon - Rockin' on Heaven's Door
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
24-hour map-making binge. When I heard this fresh reminder of the magic of Chrono Trigger, I just couldn't let it go. Fans of Chrono Trigger: enjoy this homage by the ever-talented ARMDanimal CANNON.

Those unfamiliar with Chrono Trigger: enjoy this homage by the ever-talented ARMDanimal CANNON and then go get your hands on Chrono Trigger and enjoy that, too.

(This version of the "Zeal" demo by ARMDanimal CANNON has been shortened for beatmapping purposes.)

09/11/26 - storyboard update. Happy redownloading!
09/11/28 - storyboard update. It just keeps getting better. Made Hard slightly harder.
09/11/29 - storyboard update. It's never going to end, is it? Stuck in a time loop. Also, BPM adjustment of -0.01. Also also, found real song name, so changed to that.
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
awp

Derekku Chan wrote:

03:12:008 (8,9,10) - (nazi) looks ugly :P
Cool.
oops, 10 was off to the left too much. Fixed.

tbqh I like the ticks on that slider. Sounds nice, even if Drummor isn't rolling the hi-hat at that part.
Sinistro
Haiku modding time:

I see no problems.
Here is a gold star for you.
You get a bubble.

...broken because you want to make the storyboard even better, magnificent bastard? XD Go for it!
Topic Starter
awp
;________;

added more suggestions + ideas + LH's suggestions come on how much better can it possibly get at this point
Sinistro
Oh wait, I found some things =3

65,000,000 BC and 12,000 BC have commas to denote thousands, but 1000 AD, 1999 AD and 2300 AD do not.

When the main island appears, Islands 2 and 3 stop floating, while Island 1 keeps floating. Make Islands 2 and 3 float as well until they all fall down.

starmask.png is not the same shade as black.png, so it stands out slightly. Maybe make them both the same colour for extra invisibility?

Ooh, ooh, while you're at it, when the Epoch passes over the 2,300 AD overworld, maybe have that dust or whatever it is that swirls around in that era appear?

Off to go pick more nits.
Topic Starter
awp

Sinistro wrote:

65,000,000 BC and 12,000 BC have commas to denote thousands, but 1000 AD, 1999 AD and 2300 AD do not.
T'is how the game wiki writes them, my liege oops fixin' dat.

Sinistro wrote:

When the main island appears, Islands 2 and 3 stop floating, while Island 1 keeps floating. Make Islands 2 and 3 float as well until they all fall down.
That's a limitation of the looping command, while I could probably do something about - oh what the hell fine I'll throw a few more commands in to add that.

starmask.png is not the same shade as black.png, so it stands out slightly. Maybe make them both the same colour for extra invisibility?
DAMN YOU PHOTOSHOP

Ooh, ooh, while you're at it, when the Epoch passes over the 2,300 AD overworld, maybe have that dust or whatever it is that swirls around in that era appear?
You forgot to ask me to also add the fog from 600AD. The fog'll be slightly more annoying to do but I can do both~
Topic Starter
awp
Updated. Added all of Sinistro's SB requests including a few that I'm sure he meant but forgot to say (such as the 1000AD clouds) - also added a nice little touch to the Apocalypse.
Sinistro
So it turns out I time travelled to before my bubble burst and brought it back here safe and sound.

UPDATE: ...but the future refused to change, since it was popped by the title change.

While I was searching for confirmation about the title's capitalisation, it turns out that the artist credited for this track is not ARMCANNON as a whole but rather Danimal Cannon, one of their members; one search result even has the phrase "Armcannon's arrangements are seperate from the works of Danimal Cannon". You could add "ARMCANNON" to the tags if you want, I guess.

Speaking of tags, move the word "Zeal" from the Source field to the Tags field. Optionally, add "Chronotorious", "Corridors" and "Time" to the tags, as well.
Topic Starter
awp
Yeah, I was fuzzy on that; Danimal Cannon is the OC-Remix user handle of Dan Bherens (spelling? awpmom has my Leg Vacuum disc) and I've seen a couple songs credited by both artists.

Though that does explain the consistent BPM.

So in summation, DAMN YOU ARMCANNON.
Sinistro
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Larto