forum

Slider velocity help!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Babble
OK, in my newest beatmap, there is a certain part that I want the slider velocity to slow down, so I creat a timing section on that part, and change the sliding velocity, but it changes the entire map's slider velocity, not that one part, so I had to go back and change certain parts to the original slider velocity, and everything was where I wanted it for awhile, until I tested it, then everything was set back to the original including the parts i want the slower velocity for.

So my question is, how do I change slider velocity on certain parts of the song and have it STAY that way?
Gens
Right now it's not possible. The feature hasn't been implemented yet. :(

If you want to, check and support the feature in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19142
Topic Starter
Babble

Gens wrote:

Right now it's not possible. The feature hasn't been implemented yet. :(

If you want to, check and support the feature in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19142
Wow that didnt even cross my mind lol, but i supported

You suggest any workarounds for the time being? maybe a drastic BPM change for that one slider?
Gens
BPM changes work (in non-inhereted sections), but they are unrankable, so I wouldn't suggest you to do that (unless you just map for fun).
If you place an Inhereted Section, you can change the slider velocity in that section by 2x and 0.5x from the Timing Setup Panel. Check if that works for you. :P
Kytoxid
Use 0.5x BPM and 2x BPM inherited sections if you'd like to do that; uninherited sections solely to change slider velocity are unrankable, iirc.

EDIT: Ninja'd. :(
Topic Starter
Babble

Gens wrote:

BPM changes work (in non-inhereted sections), but they are unrankable, so I wouldn't suggest you to do that (unless you just map for fun).
If you place an Inhereted Section, you can change the slider velocity in that section by 2x and 0.5x from the Timing Setup Panel. Check if that works for you. :P
How do I make an inherited section?

EDIT: Found out :P

So what exactly IS an inheriting section? an adjustable copy of the last timing section?
Kytoxid
Essentially, an inherited section maintains the beat; you can double or halve the BPM, but the offset stays constant. Thus, if you realize later that your timing is slightly off and adjust the uninherited section by 20ms, you don't need to do anything to the inherited sections; they will take on the new timing automatically, and so your audio and 2x BPM sliders will (usually) still behave as intended. Thus, inherited sections in a constant-BPM song allow for your timing to easily stay correct while giving you the flexibility of audio, time signature, etc... On the other hand, an uninherited timing section is fixed at that specific location in time; even if your song is constant BPM, it's possible for one section to be on-time while another section is late. As well, if you want to make a 20ms correction, you will have to do it on every uninherited timing section.
Topic Starter
Babble
Thanks for the help guys! :D