forum

Make a beatmap more fun? How?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Leorda
My beatmap is definitely not fun....... But how to make a beatmap more fun?
MegaManEXE
Use nice patterns
Don't box map
Don't copy+paste a lot
Don't make it hard for the sake of being hard (don't use huge wtf spacing or randomly add stupid streams where they don't fit)
Don't use .5x or 2x bpm sliders without good reason (as in the actual music should slow down/speed up when you use these)
Make sure it's easily readable (combo colors, skin, SB, bg, etc)
Get players to test it and tell you what they like/don't like
Play other maps and find things you like about them, whether it's patterns, hitsounds, whatever, and incorporate those into your map
Torran
1. Storyboard
2. Dance moves
3. Custom hit sounds
4. It really just depends on the song. If listening to the song fills you with energy, then the song is fun-able. Else, you could try the steps listed above to spice up your map. It's alright if your map isn't fun. Not all of the maps ranked are fun either.
Pasonia

soradg123 wrote:

4. It really just depends on the song. If listening to the song fills you with energy, then the song is fun-able. Else, you could try the steps listed above to spice up your map. It's alright if your map isn't fun. Not all of the maps ranked are fun either.
I don't encourage standards to fall, so this post is really alarming.

Besides, the fun is in learning and employing the techniques to mapping, not beautifying it with unassociated accessories. A great SB can still be ruined by a map that is only just barely rankable.
Topic Starter
Leorda

MegaManEXE wrote:

Use nice patterns
Don't box map
Don't copy+paste a lot
Don't make it hard for the sake of being hard (don't use huge wtf spacing or randomly add stupid streams where they don't fit)
Don't use .5x or 2x bpm sliders without good reason (as in the actual music should slow down/speed up when you use these)
Play other maps and find things you like about them, whether it's patterns, hitsounds, whatever, and incorporate those into your map
1) Don't box map heh? I don't know what the meaning of don't box map...... :?
2) Copy+Paste a pattern is make all player boring..... :o
3) wtf? what is wtf? :?
4) Hmmmmm, use nice pattern? like what? (attach some screenshot so I know...) :D

soradg123 wrote:

1. Storyboard
2. Dance moves
3. Custom hit sounds
1) Dance moves? Like Elite Beat Agents on DS? THA'T IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!! >:(
2) Custom hit sounds? That's custom hit sounds it's impossible to find it........ :(
3) Storyboard? What program to make storyboard? Lke Flash 8 and Paint.NET? :?
Torran

Leorda wrote:

2) Custom hit sounds? That's custom hit sounds it's impossible to find it........ :(
Again, we would like to apologize for giving you completely ridiculous things to do. Please disregard all posts made by soradg123 and continue with your life. Please disregard the previous statement and have fun mapping.
RemmyX25

Leorda wrote:

1) For the time being, yes. So just ignore that point.
2) Try looking in this thread for some public hitsounds to use. Now, these arent required the least bit, but if used right, could possibly spice up your map a bit.
3) Here's the FAQ on how to storyboard. (Also, Paint.NET works, as does GIMP or Photoshop.)
Starrodkirby86

Leorda wrote:

MegaManEXE wrote:

Use nice patterns
Don't box map
Don't copy+paste a lot
1) Don't box map heh? I don't know what the meaning of don't box map...... :?
2) Copy+Paste a pattern is make all player boring..... :o
3) wtf? what is wtf? :?
4) Hmmmmm, use nice pattern? like what? (attach some screenshot so I know...) :D
3) wtf = what the f, but I'm sure you know that. Basically, don't be obnoxious on your harder difficulties. Have your beats making some sense~
Vanmonky
LuigiHann
If you find an old inactive thread that is redundant or a duplicate, I would say the best solution would be to not bump it :|