forum

Combo bursts! :D

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Babble
I'm makin my own combo burst atm,any tips of recommended image size, and how do I even work photoshop? :o Like how can I completely separate the background from an image, like all other combo bursts?

Not tiny combo bursts like this one either. Cough Cough
Starrodkirby86
Combobursts cannot be over 500 pixels wide. There isn't really a height limitation, but if you want one, just use the template skin's comboburst height.

Just find an image you can easily crop or cut. Renders usually work the best, as they already have transparency for you. If you want to cut an image, use the magic wand tool or the polygonal lasso. There's many other ways too, but that's pretty much the easy way out. :P
Topic Starter
Babble

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Combobursts cannot be over 500 pixels wide. There isn't really a height limitation, but if you want one, just use the template skin's comboburst height.

Just find an image you can easily crop or cut. Renders usually work the best, as they already have transparency for you. If you want to cut an image, use the magic wand tool or the polygonal lasso. There's many other ways too, but that's pretty much the easy way out. :P
Awesome thanks :D How can I tell if an image is a render?
Starrodkirby86

Here is an example.
Topic Starter
Babble

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Here is an example.
So an image is a render if your photo bucket bandwidth is exceeded? Gotcha! :P
Starrodkirby86

babble wrote:

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Here is an example.
So an image is a render if your photo bucket bandwidth is exceeded? Gotcha! :P
Oops. I killed the guy's Photobucket. <3 (Seriously, it worked earlier today)

RemmyX25
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
that image is WAY TOO LARGE by the way. I know it wasn't intended for direct use as a comboburst, but I figured I'd point it out before anybody tries it.

Height maximum limit is 768.

Cutting an image away from a background is just a matter of being clever with Photoshop. If you can find an image with a solid white, black, or transparent background, that's your best bet because you can just use the magic wand tool to select it all and cut it away. But yeah if you have trouble, you can post an image in this thread or something and somebody will be happy to help you out, I'm sure
legit2207
bump ^_^
softhusky
please don't bump old posts

me included