forum

Player/Song Rankings/Scores Limited Access

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5
Topic Starter
sperglord
I feel as though there is a very limited view of scores and rankings for individual beatmaps and players.

I was wondering if there was any way that osu! can improve upon the access to these scoreboards and rankings.

"Limits" that I'm talking about include:

-The leaderboard for individual beatmaps on the website is limited to the top 50. I would like to see more scores.
-The leaderboard for individual beatmaps in game is limited to about 36.
-You can only see a section of 50 for the overall rankings at one time. I would like to be able to customize the amount of scores that appear on a page.
-I know my rankings and scores on individual beatmaps, but I would like to know the rankings and scores of others on those beatmaps for comparison.

If these things are easy to implement they would help make osu! more competitive for player to player rivalries.
Derekku
Yeah they'd be easy to implement, but they would also create a crap ton of extra stress on the database. Top 50 per song online and top 40 (plus replays) in-game should be WAY more than enough. Also, you shouldn't need to see if a friend has rank 60 or 130 or 800 on a map or whatever. It's unnecessary and isn't going to happen. As far as overall rankings being 50-per-page, it's the same deal: Extra, unneeded stress.
anonymous_old
I'd think it'd be a great idea to show your scores and your friends' scores on the beatmap listing pages even if the score isn't in the top 50.

I'm against allowing more scores on either, though, except for the fact that there are ten more on the site than in-game (why?).
peppy
I agree with being able to see friends' scores as an option, but this will be a huge operation which will take a lot of manpower to implement. I see no reason on increasing the current pagination/view limits.

Also moving to feature requests.
TheVileOne
I'm pretty sure this is resolved. I don't think that increasing the number of items listed is going to happen. Eh I'm not sure though. It could be a simple change to load items in groups of 25.