forum

AI - Believe

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kosmosuzuki
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 6:20:40 PM

Artist: AI
Title: Believe
BPM: 64.59
Filesize: 6390kb
Play Time: 03:55
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (1.45 stars, 185 notes)
Download: AI - Believe
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
The original artist. The ending is from the Ouendan 2 but is a litttle different since i still have to get use to setting up new timing sections and what not, but enjoy and say if i need to fix anything ^_^
Echo
Try this for your timing:

BPM: 65.00
Offset: 14040

After changing that, go to the Timing menu and choose Resnap all notes and Recalculate slider lengths. Then play through and fix any mistakes the resnapping caused.
mtmcl
Pay attention to beatspacing also. There's room for some creativity in spacing, but you should be careful, especially when it comes to large gaps in timing with no gap in physical space. Look at the timing gap at 36:25 for example. Whereas red circles 3 and 4 are separated by a relatively large timing gap, they are placed right next to each other physically. Spacing errors like that will almost certainly confuse the average player.

In fact, the spacing throughout most of the map seems sort of chaotic, which only makes it more difficult when paired with the strange timing.

Also, I'd suggest some revisions, most notably in the filler slider (57:33) and the surrounding breaks (same with the filler spinner - 3:14:93) The breaks are long enough as is and the slider and spinner in question just seem like extensions to the break. Fill it with something a little more dynamic.

I know it's tempting to use breaks, spinners, and long sliders to fill time, but the best mappers don't succumb to temptation.

I think the map has potential. Go through it with a fine toothed comb. Distance snapping is your friend, but don't let it dictate everything you do. Find a balance.

Also, apply Echo's timing adjustments. Apparently he knows what he's talking about. :p